Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Stars S&G vs. FT Cash

OK, i'm sure this subject has been beat to death, but i'm pretty new to the forum, so bear w/me. I play HU S&G on stars, am always gold-plat. star each month, and make about 25k+ FPP because of this (can buy in to 1 or 2 of those 15k FPP STTs, making it kinda like rakeback, whatever, blah blah blah), but I guess my question is two parts: 1) What are the hourly rates at equivalent limits for stars HU S&Gs vs. FT HU S&Gs or FT HU cash, and as for FT's 27% rakeback, how does that factor in vs. Stars FPP program, etc. Just wondering if it's worth it to switch my site, and if the hourly rates / players ability is much different. Sorry if this is gibberish ;p, thanks for any help
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Stars S&G vs. FT Cash

bump... ? (am I allowed to do that), but seriously, can someone give some input here?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:57 PM

What's your hourly at PS? What level do you play?

What kind of bankroll do you have?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM

i prefer to play FTP hu cash, as far as making money goes.5/1 or 1/2. the games are fairly easy at that level. when i start to get on a 4-5 BI downswing at tournys on FTP. i just buy into a cash game against some short stacks. as a whole however i prefer the HU sng. ther players there are generaly better( even tho im playing small at stars still $6&$10 hu sng.)
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

play FTP hu cash [...] .5/1 or 1/2
[...]
HU sng [...] $6 &$10

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dying to play HU cash. Still playing $10 sng's, but love to play .5/1 on ftp.

How's the skill level when you compare the $10 sng's with .5/1 hu cash games?

Should I take the risk and play .5/1 hu cash when my total br is ~$700? (I'm a winning player)
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 AM

You need a lot more than 700. I have about 1500 I could devote to FTP right now at the most and I'm not even considering it. I play 110s too.

I'd imagine the skill level is > 10 but <110 at the 100NL HU cash games on FTP, as long as you don't sit with the better players.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 PM

it really depends on who your sitting with. i belive myself to be an average player right now i have a 58% win rate at multiple levels of sngs on stars and on ftp.i have yet to have a losing session playing cash on FTp, but i have been playing some pretty bad players. i use sharkscope to give me an i dea of wht type of player im sitting with, even tho those are sng results, i think that you can get some decent info on a cash game player as to how well they play. that being said, with 700 bucks i would not take a shot at it, you will be on scared money. if you REALLY.want to play it, i would take maybe $150 and short buy against another short stack and see how it feels. but over all, i would say wait until you have like 15 buy ins that way if you take a 4-5 buy in swing you can get back to playin the sng and still have a decent roll for those stakes.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 PM

I'd guess that any form of cash game is going to be more profitable than any form of SNG. The real question is what you enjoy. I personally really enjoy the SNG structure and have spent 2 yrs getting good at it so for me I'm not gonna mess with cash right now. If I wanna play cash, I'll go to Bay101 and do it live with the super fishies.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM

SO RY, What would be a good roll to have to play that level of cash game in your eyes? im obv. not a BR nit, but i am trying to keep a guideline from players who have been more sucsessful than me.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 PM

I miss california.....