Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Brag: Kansas

SEC is far ahead of the other conferences. WIth 7 teams in the top 25 (LSU, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn). Then theres South Carolina, who's a formidable opponent and could beat any team on any given saturday (and has proven this). Arkansas are no slouches either. So they really have one poor team in Vanderbilt, and even they upset a top 10 team this year. I don't see how LSU doesnt play in the BCS game as long as they win out. OSU will have their hands full with a Michigan team on a mission to win the Big 10 after the App St mishap. I predict OSU loses to Michigan and Oregon will play LSU for the national title.

The last four games LSU has played could rival any in the nation (florida, kentucky, auburn and alabama, all teams ranked in the top 20 at the time they played them), their schedule is extremely tough over the whole year. And theyve played their difficult games except for Arkansas, but they should be able to handle them.

KU has a shot, but they need help.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SEC is far ahead of the other conferences. WIth 7 teams in the top 25 (LSU, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn). Then theres South Carolina, who's a formidable opponent and could beat any team on any given saturday (and has proven this). Arkansas are no slouches either. So they really have one poor team in Vanderbilt, and even they upset a top 10 team this year. I don't see how LSU doesnt play in the BCS game as long as they win out. OSU will have their hands full with a Michigan team on a mission to win the Big 10 after the App St mishap. I predict OSU loses to Michigan and Oregon will play LSU for the national title.

The last four games LSU has played could rival any in the nation (florida, kentucky, auburn and alabama, all teams ranked in the top 20 at the time they played them), their schedule is extremely tough over the whole year. And theyve played their difficult games except for Arkansas, but they should be able to handle them.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said. they need to help themselves first though by winning out, which will not be easy at all (at Okie State, Iowa State, Mizzou in KC, then possibly OU and that game would be played in San Antonio i think).
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM

LOL, there is no way you beat us at Arrowhead.

You guys gave up 39 points to the nubs backup QB ffs.

It's going to be fun to burst the bubble of the KU fans talking national championship in a few weeks....you still haven't played anyone good.

That 5 point win at boulder looks pretttttty spectacular now doesn't it. :P
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well said. they need to help themselves first though by winning out, which will not be easy at all (at Okie State, Iowa State, Mizzou in KC, then possibly OU and that game would be played in San Antonio i think).

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, though im personally not a hige believer in OU. They jsut havent been tested. The Big 12 isnt what it was, and I mean OU is beating up on lesser schools, but if they faced the level of competition found in the SEC or Pac 10, I doubt they'd still be a one loss team. It's a tough road for KU, and the horrible part about it is if they lose one of those games theyll plummet into the mid teens in the rankings and won't have enough time to climb back to BCS.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, there is no way you beat us at Arrowhead.

You guys gave up 39 points to the nubs backup QB ffs.

It's going to be fun to burst the bubble of the KU fans talking national championship in a few weeks....you still haven't played anyone good.

That 5 point win at boulder looks pretttttty spectacular now doesn't it. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, don't ne dissing their schedule's difficulty. you play in the SAME conference. They haven't lost to anyone in the conference, and the only formidable opponent you faced beat you. Yes you have home field. Yes, it will be bananas. Yes, I will watch the game from Canada. Who will win? [censored] if i know. The oddsmakers should be able to answer that question for you.

Bottom Line: It's Big 12 vs Big 12. So how can you insult their lack of schedule strength when you play the same one, and aren't undefeated?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bottom Line: It's Big 12 vs Big 12. So how can you insult their lack of schedule strength when you play the same one, and aren't undefeated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know anything about college football? Just wow.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM

the game Mizzou is at Arrowhead which=neutral field.

but whatever, we'll just have to wait until we play Mizzou.

but in all honestly, i'm really not that excited about playing oklahoma state next week in stillwater.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the game Mizzou is at Arrowhead which=neutral field.

but whatever, we'll just have to wait until we play Mizzou.

but in all honestly, i'm really not that excited about playing oklahoma state next week in stillwater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that game is a trap game for you guys. OSU will be pretty pissed about giving away that game to texas.

Plus, their COACH IS A MAN, HE'S 40!!!!

But, then again....your COACH IS A WHALE, HE'S 400!!!

:P

Can't wait for our game. Think i scored tickets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 PM

our coach can eat your coach. discussion over.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM

YOU WILL LOSE