Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 200PS: Flopped massive draw, icky turn

preceding advice really isnt really specific (let alone helpful) to this hand. youre more or less saying "people call w/ garbage cause theyre dumb. rather than try to logically figure what they might have called w/ & react accordingly we shoudl instead brainlessly fling our chips about like an orangutan w/ a palmful of s***."

edit: tho now that i think further on it, i do kinda agree w/ you. people do peel w/ a lot fo random garbage. just in this case i think its JT so have to agree w/ the others; equity just took a big hit so check behind & hope to catch good (tho im not thinking its likely youll get paid off when you do).
Old 10-14-2007, 03:21 AM

Which is why the check raise is the very best option for villain with naked JT? He gets more of his stack in with the nuts and it costs him less if you check behind and hit your flush?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 AM

I don't know why you think his range is so heavily skewed towards JTxx. A lot of the time he just has some random hand he peeled with which we have a lot of folding equity against. I don't think the fact that we have the ace of hearts affect it as much as we may think. Last time I checked people had no problem check/calling queen-high flush draws.

also you realize you're putting him on solely QJTx if you check right? Because if you think he might get there with JTxx you should bet again for obvious reasons.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy has a made hand he check raises the flop. If the guy is on a draw, then the only draw he can possibly be on (since you have the flush draw) just hit on the turn. So check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

hands like this its useful to have your stats for the session. if villan considers you agro then c/r with JT is the right play.

as played i dont know why you shoved when he c/r you on the turn - you can call and save $40 when you miss, and its not like he can fold getting 10-1 or whatever if the nuts hits