Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 AM

Default 200NL HUCASH top pair four straight board against a degenerate bluffer

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($2639.30)
Button ($302)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, Button calls $14.

Flop: ($40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $28</font>, Button calls $28.

Turn: ($96) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $72</font>, Button calls $72.

River: ($240) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $144</font>, <font color="#CC3333">

<font color="black">Villain is degenerate bluffer. He donked like 1000$ to me by bluffing his whole stack at me a lot of times. He looks for opportunities to make creative bluffs, to try to push of a top pair in a reraised pot and stuff like that. Also, he knows you are trapping, but he will still bluff his whole stack because he can't help himself. However, he changed gears in last 15 minutes a little bit and I even caught him checking down ace high. So he changed gears a little bit, but I don't think that he changed his style too much.

I should explain my flop and turn play first. I made a c bet on the flop, pretty normally. If villain had a 5, I am 90% sure he would raise me on the flop, so I figured 6 was a scare card for him and I decided to fire second barrell to try to push him off something weaker. He made a bet on the river, which confuses me. Even though he might be bluffing, I don't know what I can beat. He is capable of turning one pair into a bluff, but I am more afraid of a two pair value betting here. I just don't know what hands would he call me down twice which I beat. And he is capable of calling you down twice light, just too see if you check river so that he can bet (but he changed gears, so he probably wouldn't do that here, or maybe, I don't know).

If I didn't catch the ace, I would actually fire a third barrell here, because he is not slowplaying.

So do you call here?</font>
Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: 200NL HUCASH top pair four straight board against a degenerate blu

does he fold to a push?

- anyway you should bet call the river if he never has a 5 with that line, because he probably isn't spastic enough to make a thin value shove over your 3rd barrel with 2pr (since you are probably paying off his 2pr etc.. anyway with a c/c)

- A7 is in his range though, and given your comments it seems like a call, but i think bet/calling is better.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:32 AM

I wouldn't bet this turn against the described villain. As played I'd call river.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does he fold to a push?

- anyway you should bet call the river if he never has a 5 with that line, because he probably isn't spastic enough to make a thin value shove over your 3rd barrel with 2pr (since you are probably paying off his 2pr etc.. anyway with a c/c)

- A7 is in his range though, and given your comments it seems like a call, but i think bet/calling is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet calling seems like the worst possible line. I don't give him a chance to bluff, he plays perfectly against me that way. Given his aggressive image, I think he would bet two pair here. He knows that he bluffed a lot into me and is steaming. He is an idiot, but he would probably figure the way to value bet two pair here.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:14 AM

yeah but since you think he cannot have a 5 here, and its unlikely he turns 2pr into a bluff you may as well lead to get value from like 3rd pair etc.. since that will block raises from 2pr (unless you think he'll turn 2pr into some stupid thin value bluff), and call a raise since he may be floating to make a play.

- call as played though obv
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah but since you think he cannot have a 5 here, and its unlikely he turns 2pr into a bluff you may as well lead to get value from like 3rd pair etc.. since that will block raises from 2pr (unless you think he'll turn 2pr into some stupid thin value bluff), and call a raise since he may be floating to make a play.

- call as played though obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Given his image, he would be value betting two pair, he knows that. He is not that dumb. He is dumb only in that direction that he knows you are trapping, but he can't help himself not to bluff. Plus, as I said, he might call me down light two times, just to see if I will check river so that he could steal the pot. He is not calling me with a pair here, however. He is a bluffing station, not a calling station. He doesn't expect me to bluff because so far I didn't do that, I was only trapping him.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 AM

that's why i suggested betting the river because you rate to stack him. c/c is fine is spose, but if i were that confident in my read i'd rather try to capitalize fully in this spot.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Call here is a must, probably he's representing hitting an Ace on River.

[ QUOTE ]
If I didn't catch the ace, I would actually fire a third barrell here, because he is not slowplaying.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a bluffer why would you fire 3rd barrel here?
He could raise you allin pretty easily just to do what he likes to do - bluff.
How played C/C is fine here, maybe lead weak trying to represent blockingbet and then call his raise.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:24 AM

If I bet the river, it would be all in so he couldn't bluff me.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Oh yeah, thought that he's a little bit deeper [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
My bad