Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

lol is farha stacking antonius next time u think? antonius didnt seem to happy...

farha is really making money...image paying off when greenstein called him down also.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM

IMO Jamie Gold was way out of line in this hand though Farha didn't help. It was like they were making some deal i couldn't figure it out. There is never any reason to be shouting at ur opponent in a poker hand, and this was just a gross blunder especially on Gold's part to be yelling instead of thinking. Both players also played horribly imo
Old 11-20-2007, 11:02 PM

how was AA KK hand a breach?

What if sammy and gold play in a private home game HU and do this? would you care? I dont see how its any different. If you guys think sammy passed up on 180k b/c he colluding or something you are delusional. He checked b/c Gold confused the [censored] out of him. Both guys were trying to get the est deal in the hand, thats all. Its not soft playing IMO.

Guy Liberte talking about his hand in the middle of a hand he is not in is much more out of line.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the standard in this game is dreadful, maybe now people will understand how jman wasn't being arrogant when he said it was such a soft game

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

he played those queens almost as good as this set of 7s . he really bet that flop well. the check on the turn. masterful. folding the best hand.. priceless.

they don't come better than that guy. did you notice when hellmuth called your boy a nit noone disagreed?

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep going back to this same QQ hand where he made a questionable but certainly not terrible fold against Sammy. Now you're attacking him over a hand that he played well but happened to be wrong. Stop acting so results oriented, making the right play and being rewarded adversely happens all the time, and precisely why poker is such a profitable game.

In the 77 hand, it was 8 ways to the flop in an unraised pot. Given the action, what exactly is Phil beating there? Only the exact kind of hand he had, a pair turning itself into a bluff. That's extremely rare and Phil will have made the correct fold 80% of the time or more there. The only mistake Phil made was underbetting the flop, but I'm sure he was trying to induce a raise or had other reasons for it.

The reason people bash on Jamie is because he acts like a complete d-bag and is a disgrace to the game, plus he really sucks at poker and makes about 5 mistakes in every hand he plays, and he plays every hand.

Furthermore, Phil is 10 times the player you are, so criticizing him like you are is just laughable.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy Liberte talking about his hand in the middle of a hand he is not in is much more out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did he do that? He mentioned he folded J6 after Farha had called with the queens and the action was over. Was there another time?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:07 PM

he mentioned it before Farha called, but Farha appeared not to hear it. Then he mentioned it again when they were deciding how many times to run it, which also affects decisions.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did he do that? He mentioned he folded J6 after Farha had called with the queens and the action was over. Was there another time?

[/ QUOTE ]

u seem not to recall correctly. In fact Guy Liberte stated that he had t6 while Sammy was pondering a call. which has an obvious affect on reducing the chance of gold having tens and sixes in his hand and also reduces the chance of hitting those as outs if farha puts him on a draw.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the T7 vs QQ gold vs farha hand in the end. nd yes that was very bad. but at least hes a fish that doesnt know any better.

farha and gold are supposedly professionals.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:12 PM

Either show more hands or make more episodes like PAD.

Even though his display worked Jamie looked pathetic. I can't understand why of all people Gold would be the only one he checks behind on in that situation. Should be the opposite imo.

Sammy ain't the same without the cigarette.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he mentioned it before Farha called, but Farha appeared not to hear it. Then he mentioned it again when they were deciding how many times to run it, which also affects decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that. I agree thats really bad. But mentioning it when they're deciding how many times to run it doesn't really matter (I'd side with he shouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't be upset). Remember: running it X times doesn't change the EV at all.