Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: ***September Low-Content Thread***

But it works for him over time. It does seem like a high variance grind to me though.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Here's to a good September:
Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $449.40
UTG+1: $450.20
CO: $400
Button: $302.20
SB: $317.20
BB: $261.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $18</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($54, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $24</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $130</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($314, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $169.2</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($652.4, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $652.4)

Results:
Final pot: $652.4
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 4s Ac 2h Ah</font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed Qd Qc Ks Ts</font>
Old 09-04-2007, 07:50 PM

dug this hand out from last month... of course i peel on a flushed flop, turn 2nd nuts and run into absolute nuts in crazy heads-up cooler.

classic example of reverse implied odds peel!!!

one of the craziest tables i've ever played... BB is Miami John, Prahlad Friedman was present and 3-betting huge with A35 pre-flop, "the grief" participated in the fiasco too.

i was stuck 2 buy-ins at one point but got back to even from some big hands with Prahlad.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $554.75
Button: $1383.50
hero: $1741.55
BB: $1798.25

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($40, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $20</font>, hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($80, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $80</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $320</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $960</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises all-in $1701.55</font>, BB calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3483.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3483.1)

Results:
Final pot: $3483.1
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed 8s 6c 9c Ts</font>
<font color="#ffffff">hero showed Tc Js 2d 3h</font>
Old 09-04-2007, 09:16 PM

90% of winnings were from shortstacking / ratholing NLO8.

Station...How many tables deep do you usually mine? I typically open 4 at a time, and when I double up I add the next one. Sometimes into the 8th table of NL1K pretty regularly. 3k from 25/50 too if you dont mine those.

And O8...it is high variance, but not low EV is way off.

And Dave...you know I have a horseshoe up my azz. After I posted the graph, I did end up winning 1800 on NL10k vs Matusow and Lindgren. The best part about it was after I pushed 3x in a row, Matusow asked ME..."are YOU on crack?"
HAHA
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 PM

post Lingren/Matusow hands+chat somewhere!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post Lingren/Matusow hands+chat somewhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just threw it on my LJ for ya bro
Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Station...How many tables deep do you usually mine? I typically open 4 at a time, and when I double up I add the next one. Sometimes into the 8th table of NL1K pretty regularly. 3k from 25/50 too if you dont mine those.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent been 100% on getting games 10/20 and bigger, I have that fixed now and should have it covered moving forward, also if you happened to go over 12 tables deep at a given level, it would cutoff there also but I can fix that if it becomes a bigger issue

Good work though as I must say from your graph, pretty impressive
Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 AM

Station - serious question for you.

I'm assuming the main reason for your datamining is to keep your HUD stats accurate. Do those stats have a big impact on your bigger PLO8 playing decisions? Are they ever misleading?

Also... what kind of wins/losses are you seeing on player "Scimmietta" or whatever recently. I've spotted him playing monster stakes like $25/$50 NLO8 (heads-up) recently.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Dave - Right now I dont have any good stats for anything 10/20 and higher, mainly as I was lazy and didnt watch those tables all of the time

As far as why I datamine them - Part is so that I do have stats on HUD for when I do play (its just a part time thing for me) and the other is interest in how much other people are beating the game for. I can say the stats dont matter a lot when I am playing, I mainly use it for game selection and also look out for really passive call station type players as most players anymore are pretty agressive so I just look for them to make sure I dont try to bet them out of a pot when there is 0% chance of them folding.

The main reason I dont rely on stats, is that they can be misleading. Most of the losers play a few 100 hands and donate and vanish to never be seen again, over a few 100 hands, you really cant get a good picture of someone, how their stats line up could also be a function of the games they were playing in also. I think won$ at showdown can be an interesting stat but also lacks a lot of value on small sample sizes. For this reason I mainly use stats for game selection mainly to watch VPIP and PFR %s although I can say you can find some games with some regulars that play tight but lose so that isnt always the best method either.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 AM

Also one addition:

I think a PA HUD with stats like people who call off or play for half would be much more interesting. For this reason I think any notes you make while playing with a person will matter a lot more. If I was doing this full time and had a lot of time to go through HHs in PTO, I would look at certain opponents I play against all of the time and see where they lose the most money and look for patterns in those hands.

I still think any live observations you make will matter a lot more than any PTO stats can provide (unless we start to get stats like calling off on low, CR all in every time they have sets or flush draws, etc...

I know a few people that rely on HUD a lot for holdem but I dont think the same method can be applied to H/L as there are more variables to contend with