Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Good drawing hand.

What do you do when your drawing hand doesn't get there and you are checked to on the river? Do I bet and hope that opponent was drawing too, or check behind and hope king high is good? If I get ch-raised? Opponent is unknown.

Poker Stars, $1/$2 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, 4 folds

Flop: (5.5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls

Turn: (3.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls

River: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero ??
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Good drawing hand.

I fold this PF against an unkown UTG raiser. CC is awful since you are screaming for a MW pot and KTs is not a hand you want to do so.

I donīt like to semibluff unkowns, especially on this limit, so i c/c c/c c/f this board.

As played - itīs pretty unlikely that villain will fold a better hand for one bet after he called your turn raise.

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]
Do I bet and hope that opponent was drawing..

[/ QUOTE ]
You beat most of his draws with king high and heīs not calling with a worse hand. He might be able to fold a pair of 9s or 4s, but that would be a weird hand he raised UTG.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 AM

I think this is an easy chk behind. When villain calls the turn raise he's going to SD almost 100% of the time. You are pretty much never getting a better hand to fold here on the river.

On the upside periodically you see busted draws, but not often.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 AM

Fold pre-flop unless he's a super LAG. Post-flop is meh. I would probably raise the flop. As played the turn can't be that bad if he has a pp.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Definatly folp pf. As played you should be checking behind here as you still have some showdown value and as xerber said he is unlikely to fold better hands and will only fold worse hands. I think if you are going to sb you should do it on the flop as it gives you the oppotunity to take a free card on the turn. Considering his utg raising range is going to be heavily weighted towards strong aces this is a bad card to sb on.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 PM

I echo folding pre flop.

I raise the flop, check the turn, c/f river.

In your hand as it played out, I would check behind on the river, I dont see you pushing any hands out and you are c/r often enough that you dont get to see the villains hand and get a read on his play.