Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(2) Once cake poker made this right by crediting your account, and there's nothing more they can possibly do for you, you still threaten them about making a public stink over this. D-bag move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people deserve to know whenever any kind of cashier issue occurs from an online site, however trivial it may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. And Thanks. Also,

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that ends any chance I'll ever deposit there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is totally, utterly unacceptable.

Reef and Cake are like two hotheads screaming on a street corner over nothing. Suddenly Cake pulls out a gun and immediately everything else is irrelevant. It doesn't matter who started it or how big a jerk someone was. It's just an angry person pointing a gun.

Cake Poker, you would completely violate a customer's privacy, blacklist him, and destroy his banking relationships because he was rude? That's all I will remember about this thread in one week. I don't see how I could ever trust you with my business.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that ends any chance I'll ever deposit there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man I've deposited there [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SOOOO SAD [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I can't get my money out cause checks are "indefenitly delayed"...and I don't have epassport...guess I'll have to open an epassport account, withdraw, close my account, and email cake a link to this thread.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is totally, utterly unacceptable.

Reef and Cake are like two hotheads screaming on a street corner over nothing. Suddenly Cake pulls out a gun and immediately everything else is irrelevant. It doesn't matter who started it or how big a jerk someone was. It's just an angry person pointing a gun.

Cake Poker, you would completely violate a customer's privacy, blacklist him, and destroy his banking relationships because he was rude? That's all I will remember about this thread in one week. I don't see how I could ever trust you with my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put, I agree 100%
Old 07-06-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed
Old 07-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Well, cross those guys off as a possibility. (sigh) Not that Reef couldn't have handled it better, but whoever they have over there in charge of customer service has a God Complex, and thus cannot have access to my money.

I know that "chargeback" is a word that generates hysterics. But his card was charged and they didn't credit his account. Regardless of his tone, it was a legitimate chargeback until they fixed their mistake. LOL at a company that F's up and then gets belligerent when called out. The proper response would have been "were sorry we f'd up sir, and failed to credit your account or answer your e-mail." Here's a credit for a [censored] little $10 freeroll, then smile, and then profit.

If they are too stupid/defensive/arrogant to realize this, who in the world would trust them with large sums of money?

Is this operation being run out of a twelve yr old's garage while his parents are at work? They need to be held to some level of competence and professionalism.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM

I had the same problem with cake. (Apparently they have issues between them and their payment processor)
I sent them a polite email asking them to credit my account. They fixed it quickly and politely.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:15 PM

Before the UIGEA, the Cake Poker representative was very active and helpful at this forum. I'm amazed and somewhat disgusted that he hasn't replied yet.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1st email to cakepoker:
WHY DOES MY CAKE ACCOUNT NOT HAVE MONEY BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED? AS OF NOW THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE AND I WILL DISPUTE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your opening email???

If I worked at Cake, I'd want to blow you off too.

Be nice and give people a chance to fix a mistake before getting all purpleplectic.

There is an industry term in retail: wam. It stands for whiney assed maggot. It refers to people who just want to abuse others and snatch any opportunity to do so, rather than first checking to see if it's a mistake that professionals would be happy to fix. You realize it's human beings you are talking too, right? Not email machines?

Most retail people would die to work for a company like Cake that would allow them to tell off mean customers.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before the UIGEA, the Cake Poker representative was very active and helpful at this forum. I'm amazed and somewhat disgusted that he hasn't replied yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the new bosses stopped him posting here. I've e-mailed him a link to this thread and asked him if someone might be able to comment.