Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Calling pf cap multiway vs. obvious overpair.

UTG is 47/2/4 over 200. BB is 41/30/2 over 650.
The only times UTG has EVER 3b he showed down KK and QQ respectively, he's limped AKs twice, once from UTG and once in the CO. He cannot laydown big hands even on scary boards.
BB is an extraordinarily bad LAG to the tune of -34BB/100 and the reason I'm at the table.

My concerns with this hand are twofold:
First, clearly my read on UTG was erroneous (don't know whether it was putting him on an overpair or that he had a penchant for not folding big hands, maybe he was just getting out of line for once.) Thus suggesting that my implied odds to make this call preflop were not present.

Secondly, and this may be results oriented, should I have refrained from leading the turn, did I blow my load too soon?

Does anybody fold this preflop when you have the same reads?

Absolute Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG caps!</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#FF0000">UTG caps!</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (14.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Calling pf cap multiway vs. obvious overpair.

no always call for 2 bets more with PP.

If X raises Y calls and you are on the button its something else, because the pot is smaller.

My guideline:

If u raise, x reraise, y cap allways call
If X raise Y call and you are in the sb call
If x raise y call and you are co/button depends on player. if y is calling station for example its a sure call.
same goes for button raise sb 3 bet.