Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Default JJ vs. megadonk in shorthanded tourney, ace hits turn

I played in a $11 shorthanded mtt tonight, I won it this spring so I play it now and then for sentimental value and to tilt myself for hours haha. Anyway, that's beside the point and I am not inferring that I lost this hand, I just want to know what ppl think a good line is.

Setup: The villian is a huge donkey. When I got moved to this table, I got JQs in the BB on hand 1, and after UTG opened and got 2 callers, with my stack I made a kind of awesome (I think) squeeze play, but this guy was the middle of the other 3 guys in the pot and called it with KQ. I sucked out, but his play was uber-bad. He's a reallllllly bad player.

I recently played a pot against him where I checkraised him on the flop, checked turn and shoved river, and he was annoyed by my flop checkraise (which he called with god knows what on 772 flop), so I decide to play my JJ cute (would never bother against a good player) and do the same here.

When he calls superfast here on the flop, I don't love the ace on the turn, and I have basically 1 pot-sized bet left in my stack. Ideas?

With

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t2610)
Hero (t7050)
UTG (t2405)
MP (t6732)
CO (t5204)
Button (t4008)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t450</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t975) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1890</font>, MP calls t1290.

Turn: (t4755) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>