Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Zero Rake Poker Business plan

I have a plan brewing in my fishy little noggin.

I have my perfect poker site in mind. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This would be a totally legal US site with freely available funding, via debit card and other means, to all poker players. Winnings may be withdrawn by a timely US bank check taking a couple of days [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] instead of a couple of weeks (or months).

All poker players are welcome and pay absolutely nothing, ever, to play. There is no rake of any kind, ever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (This is the key to it being legal, just like home games almost everywhere.)

The site would be vetted by the finest US accounting and auditing firms to be found. Players must be 21 and will be positively identified prior to being allowed to play.

The site will be well advertised. How many players do you suppose there would be at the tables?

Sorry, only one table per player for reasons that should be clear. If they are not, stay at PokerStars.

The catch...., there is one, but I digress.

Interested?

Save your incessant whining about multitabling. The model doesn't work with legions of nit grinders sitting on 10 tables waiting for the nuts. You are quite free to play 24 tables at PokerStars and one table here. No problem at all, there will be a reasonable clock put on you and we move on.

Cheaters and colluders will be shot, survivors will be shot again. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Screen name changes allowed at will.

Who is in on these terms?

Anyone really excited? (Besides me)

Tuff
Old 11-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

I'm listening, go on...
Old 11-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Let me guess, every table will have a big advertisement on it, right? The site will be full of advertisements, everywhere. Am I getting warmer?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 AM

No shiat this is tarded. What you gonna have 30 second commericals between hands or some shiat? Tuff get over your hardon against multitabling.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me guess, every table will have a big advertisement on it, right? The site will be full of advertisements, everywhere. Am I getting warmer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I think the advertisement model is a little too close to running a poker room for profit. It would be a good thing to try for interests that could afford the fight with the DOJ et al, but that is not my plan. I certainly have advocated that exact model before, but there is a fairly clear "for profit" component to it that pushes it over the line.

A good analogy is a bar that has a poker game going and also sells beer and food. The poker game is free of expenses, but the bar owner is profiting from the game, albeit indirectly. This has been tried and the success ratio has not been good.

I disagree totally and wholeheartedly, but the state AGs have carried the day so far. (a$$holes)

I am actually still researchng the underlying funding mechanism for this idea, but I want to know how many are liking the model from their point of view.

From your point of view, it is free, free, free.

Tuff
Old 11-17-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerk
Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No shiat this is tarded. What you gonna have 30 second commericals between hands or some shiat? Tuff get over your hardon against multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored] off. Some of you are so completely anal (that is, head up your a$$) that you wouldn't know fresh air if it was toxic. I offer you a free goose for thanksgiving and you piss and moan because it wasn't fat enough.

What a crew.

You know. Badgers have been found dead at each other's throats because they were too enraged or stubborn to let go of the other's throat and move away. Some of you guys remind me of that.

"I want Party Poker back the way it was in 2004 or nothing"

Well, nothing is what you stand to get if you all don't get off your dead backsides and make something happen. Get your stupid selfish selves over to the Legislative Forums and work for your right to fleece the fish.

In the meantime I have a plan. Sort of an alternative to the tight nit grinder online poker world of today. But you are NOT invited. Please don't show up on opening day.

Tuff
Old 11-17-2007, 01:00 AM

Fish have no idea multi tabling nits exist...fish have no idea how rake affects profitability

Fish understand Moneymaker qualified for $33 on Pstars to win the WSOP though...

I prefer to play against fish becoz I suck at poker.

Where will I play?
Old 11-17-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored] off. Some of you are so completely anal (that is, head up your a$$) that you wouldn't know fresh air if it was toxic. I offer you a free goose for thanksgiving and you piss and moan because it wasn't fat enough.

What a crew.

You know. Badgers have been found dead at each other's throats because they were too enraged or stubborn to let go of the other's throat and move away. Some of you guys remind me of that.

"I want Party Poker back the way it was in 2004 or nothing"

Well, nothing is what you stand to get if you all don't get off your dead backsides and make something happen. Get your stupid selfish selves over to the Legislative Forums and work for your right to fleece the fish.

In the meantime I have a plan. Sort of an alternative to the tight nit grinder online poker world of today. But you are NOT invited. Please don't show up on opening day.

Tuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuff, I admire your enthusiasm, but I have a serious question for you.
Do you think when a FTSE100 company is forced to drop 85% of it's revenue that it might have had every top legal mind at it's disposal looking at legal ways to offer poker in the US?