Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Nasty HU Spot at 10/20. Hows my line?

This was initally a 6 max game and me n villian ended up playing HU. Villian is loose and very aggressive playing a 30/27/7 game. The HU match was very aggro with a ton of 3 betting pf and lots of raising postflop. Hows my line here?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $4,743.00
Hero (SB): $3,551.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB raises to $80.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $231.00</font>, BB calls $151.00

Flop: ($462) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $310.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $950.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $3,320.00</font>

J
Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Nasty HU Spot at 10/20. Hows my line?

he'll never call with a better hand and folds all worse ones. That's what you wanted right?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:32 PM

yes...well im basically hoping to fold the many draws that he could have on this board, as well as random air, and hoping to fold out ne pairs over 99 that he might have slowplayed by not 4 betting pf. Kinda of a sick spot. Would folding to his raise on the flop be better? Is just calling here ok? I feel like there are so many cards that can come on the turn that will allow him to bluff me out.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hoping to fold out ne pairs over 99 that he might have slowplayed by not 4 betting pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

if your description of villain and how the match has played out is accurate, then that isn't gonna happen
Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your description of villain and how the match has played out is accurate, then that isn't gonna happen

[/ QUOTE ]
But which doesn't neccessarily make this a bad play.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hoping to fold out ne pairs over 99 that he might have slowplayed by not 4 betting pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even if villian had AA he ain't gonna c/r on this board.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But which doesn't neccessarily make this a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I don't hate it. But I think the bluff element is nil.

HEK: if villain is as crazy aggresive as OP indicates, you don't think he is capable of c/r and calling AA here? I think that would be a fine line if his image is that bad, especially with the flush draw out.

Not to say that he WOULD do this, just that it wouldn't be a bad line. I agree that an overpair is definitely unlikely.

OP: Has villain been 4-betting at all preflop? This seems important.

With a villain this aggresive and the right dynamic I could see hero folding out villain most of the time, occasionally getting called by worse (a good 8 or a FD), and occasionally running into trips +.

I still don't like the play 95% of the time but just some considerations.

-Jeff
Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even if villian had AA he ain't gonna c/r on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell not? It's heads up.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Jeff: there was some 4 betting and light felting pf when one or both of us had around 100bbs, but no 4 bets sf when semi-deep. I still think hes 4 betting aa and kk pf though b/c he knows im willing to call 4 bets and prob wont slowplay it oop.

Also, if u dont like this play 95% of the time what do u recommend as a better alternative? The way I see it, if I just call here he has to put me on either a draw or a pp above an 8 (that im not willing to felt) and so he can bluff me out on the turn. On a board thats so drawy, and when were deepstacked, I dont think he will believe i have a queen unless i rr his flop raise. This hand almost seems like a shove-or-fold the flop type hand.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:07 AM

I really like it if it's for value. terrible bluff given description of opp/match