Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: QQ in big pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think anyone has a king. i think mp usually has 2 or 3 outs. our queens somewhat nullify the 98 straight combos because we have JT drawing to 4 outs and there are less combos of QJ/QT. also if someone is slow playing or has trip 8s now we get to find out without paying extra.

i call again here and love playing passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles I'm always interested in how others interpret situations. What leads you to believe no one holds a K

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB had a K, he'd be looking to C/R the field given his relative position on hero. If anyone else had a K, why didn't they raise the flop?

I raise the flop. As played, I think I fold the turn, because I don't agree wholly with the above analysis of why someone doesn't have a king - in a capped pot, a passiveish guy with KQ or maybe even AK doesn't raise this flop because he's skeered of AA/KK.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM

yea the hand reading is not tough. how can MP have a K? SB mostly has a gutshot, although he could have a K. either way i don't think he folds it so i don't raise trying to fold him out.

i only worry about BB or turned trips. if BB has something really good the standard play is to check flop and raise there or slowplay until later. flop donks are such crap and it seems to me that they are more and more likely to be draws and also more and more likely to be bet again on the turn when everyone just calls.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sharpie I use pstove when I'm trying to figure out my equity in a multiway pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant more if we know roughly what our equity is, say we have 20% 4 way, in an xBB size pot how often do we need to be ahead to raise for protection? It depends on alot of factors, but I'm wondering if anyone has done any math for things like this estimating roughly the opponents combined outs that we fold by raising, and how often we have to be ahead to be worth it.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think anyone has a king. i think mp usually has 2 or 3 outs. our queens somewhat nullify the 98 straight combos because we have JT drawing to 4 outs and there are less combos of QJ/QT. also if someone is slowplaying or has trip 8s now we get to find out without paying extra.

i call again here and love playing passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

What rivers are you folding? Can we fold any river if he leads 4 way? What about 3 way? FWIW:

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, SB folds.

River: (13 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>...

Still not sure about the turn, I can see merits to calling and raising, don't really like folding against the retards I play against.