Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

View Poll Results: When you are driving, and a cop pulls in behind you, do you feel:
Served and protected, or 2 13.33%
apprehensive? 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Official November Thread: General Discussion

you're about 7k above expectation
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeff, primarily HU yea?

do this for me:

go to your filters, filter for final pot bb range, 0 - 10bb and then graph it again.

I'm going to guess you are down a "ton" in these spots, I am too (I'm losing the most here) and I think i've found this is from HU play you are folding so many bbs, and potentially sbs, that they really add up.

Your current graph, yes, you are running "good", but pokerev doesn't take into account coolers and chit like that. How many hands that over?

[/ QUOTE ]

for that,

my sklanksy bucks are -$5100

my showdown winnings are -$11000

my total winnings are -$27500
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what MSNLrs do for computers in college... do you all just have a desktop with a big ass monitor then a laptop or something when you go home?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a MacBook Pro that I take home with me and use at school. I also have a 30" monitor that I hook my laptop up to.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jeff, primarily HU yea?

do this for me:

go to your filters, filter for final pot bb range, 0 - 10bb and then graph it again.

I'm going to guess you are down a "ton" in these spots, I am too (I'm losing the most here) and I think i've found this is from HU play you are folding so many bbs, and potentially sbs, that they really add up.

Your current graph, yes, you are running "good", but pokerev doesn't take into account coolers and chit like that. How many hands that over?

[/ QUOTE ]

for that,

my sklanksy bucks are -$5100

my showdown winnings are -$11000

my total winnings are -$27500

[/ QUOTE ]

Aight, so that's basically what I expected. Go ahead, and mess with the filters, like go in increments, try 10-20bb next and so forth. I'm going to assume this is where you are losing the most, and it is showing in your graph.

This really interests me though, I'd love to see someones EV graph here that isn't down a lot of money and pick their brain.

Since aejones posts here often, would you mind taking a look at say, your 5-10 database this month and graph your 0-10bb pots and stuff? I really been wanting to talk to guys who primarily play HU about this, but seeing as I'm kinda new here I don't think I'm taken that seriously. Which is fine, it's a poker forum...I'm trying to contribute now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jeff, let me know if I was right, that you are losing the most in those 0- 10 bb pots...

Jeff, also, what is your Won without showdown, in the 0-10bb pots? This is negative too, I'm assuming?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone besides myself and HoosierAlum in Vegas?

I want to get a MSNL dinner going, or spread a super deepstack live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

will be there on the 6th, gonna play one of the 5k's and a sat or 2.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM

i have a terrible desktop and no laptop and just live like i'm poor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 09:49 PM

arite, yea i'll check out whatever u want in my stats. is there a way to do time ranges in the past?

i'm going to expand to include my october stats too, that'll bring it up to around 50k hands up.

I know for the allin luck, if your blue line is higher than the red, that means you've run better in allin situations.

But for the game analysis, what does the relationship mean?

Also, it's standard for heads up to be negative in won without showdowns?

Edit: I did the filters, I'm losing at every range until pots 30bb-40bb large.

After the last 49000 heads up hands, I'm down $66k in pots 30bb and less. What does this mean?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 PM

omg mu_empire had 2pair or ebtter every single hand wtf.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
arite, yea i'll check out whatever u want in my stats. is there a way to do time ranges in the past?

i'm going to expand to include my october stats too, that'll bring it up to around 50k hands up.

I know for the allin luck, if your blue line is higher than the red, that means you've run better in allin situations.

But for the game analysis, what does the relationship mean?

Also, it's standard for heads up to be negative in won without showdowns?

[/ QUOTE ]

For game analysis, I still think it means you are running better, but like I said it doesn't take into effect coolers and [censored], so I'm really not sure how much to give those assumptions. Maybe if your blue line was like wayyyyyyy above your red line it would mean something, but I really don't know.

To answer your last question, I'm not sure. I've said before, I think it's a style thing. If you primarily play short stax, who hate folding, and thus you don't try and push them around as much/dont raise the button as much on them, then obviously your win w/out showdown will be negative, but you'll be winning so much more when you get to showdowns with them, that it won't matter.

However, if you primarily play deep stax, 100bb or more, I'm not sure what it means. Again, some will depend on style, and game flow/dynamics, but I have run for significant times my green line above both lines, but then it usually drops off a bit, especially after a tilt session, which drops it well below and then it's hard to get back above.

So, personally, I'm starting to think it's very difficult to have your green line above both lines after a long period of hands HU, because hu is so crazy and there are so many different dynamics too it.

Now cue aejones graph, or cts totally disproving this...which would be fine and would actually make me feel better cause then Im' not just 2nd guessing myself.

But I mean, look how much you are down in 0-10bb pots. I about [censored] myself when I saw that, but then I looked at my 20-40 and 40-60bb pots and I was up money both with and without showdowns, and obviously those pots are worth more than folding your sb 5,000 times or whatever.

But, as always, I do know I need to make adjustments, Im just not sure about all the different aspects I need to take into account for the change.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I did the filters, I'm losing at every range until pots 30bb-40bb large.

After the last 49000 heads up hands, I'm down $66k in pots 30bb and less. What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, specify how much you are up/down at showdown, and how much you are up/down at without showdown first.

Also, are you running above or below expectation.
Closed Thread