Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Official ACC-BIG TEN challenge 2007

I saw on TV last night that the only Big 10 team with a winning record in this thing is Michigan State at 4-3. Pretty sad.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 PM

The Big Ten has been sucktastic in this, but there is some reason for hope. OSU, and MSU continue to have great recruiting classes. Indiana is back, Painter has Purdue on the road back to being competetive, Beilein should get Michigan back to a decent team, Tubby Smith should improve Minnesota. If only Bruce Weber would have capitalized on Illinois' recent good run with some elite recruits, but he didn't.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Big Ten has been sucktastic in this, but there is some reason for hope. OSU, and MSU continue to have great recruiting classes. Indiana is back, Painter has Purdue on the road back to being competetive, Beilein should get Michigan back to a decent team, Tubby Smith should improve Minnesota. If only Bruce Weber would have capitalized on Illinois' recent good run with some elite recruits, but he didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've defended the Big Ten in the past, but it is going to be a bad year for the conference. There are some very good freshman, but it will take a year or two before that translates into a stronger conference.

That said, I still like this event, even if it is a massacre every year. I don't think there is any conference that could compete in this event with the ACC year after year, but not taking it at least one year is pathetic.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Big Ten sucks at basketball, the ACC is weak in football. Priorities of the conferences, all there is to it.

I'm a tOSU homer for life, but they will get creamed tonight by UNC.

[/ QUOTE ]

yurk,

Thanks a lot for your honesty. Many times people get carried away with homerism, and the fact that you don't do that really speaks volumes about your integrity. I would love to hear your insights on their new freshman center...Koufas or something like that? Hearing great things about him. Do you expect him to stay in college long? Who in the NBA is his game similar to?

As for Maryland, big game tonight against Illnois. I actually havn't been able to see them play yet since I live in Vegas, so I'm super excited.

Anyway, I hope everyone really enjoys the games tonight. You guys work hard, and you enjoy some fun. Take care.

Love,
Assani
Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Big 10 fighting back a bit here. MSU is absolutely destroying NC State at the half, and Illinois and Michigan are in really close games w/Maryland and BC. OSU losing to NC tonight though will seal the challenge.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 PM

Assani

Koufas is a solid player. Though not as dominant on the defensive side as mr. Oden was last year, I think offensively he's a bigger threat then Oden. He's a 7 footer who can play the post w/ outside range so he has to be respected.

I haven't heard anything concrete about his stay here. He got offered a contract to play ball in Europe, but came here . Probably waiting for his draft stock to rise either for this years draft or the following IMO.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 PM

I bet I'm the only one who knows there is a SEC/Big East challenge starting this year. They're going to play only 4 games a year for some reason.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:18 PM

damnit nc state sucked it up tonight, michigan state came to play i guess
Old 11-28-2007, 10:30 PM

Illinois laid an absolute turd tonight. What a terrible performance.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM

Illinois played so bad. Glad I didn't spew out money for tickets like I had planned on.