Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

yup far right is a winner imo

Also for those who haven't seen gilly in action here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD8w-kDZXxE

tho unlikely, i hope chez reads this & looks at that clip [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol I just did an image search for gilly & it came up with this:

lol gilly the pimp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet Shania, is that a toucan on the far left? Methinks Gilly is taking "bird" too literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly 3, 5, 4, 5, 8

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... you're rating gilly as a 4... I'm not sure which part of that is disturbing. Tyler, care to comment?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 AM

i have a thing for big ears, so i would almost certainly hit it. i'm not good with quantitative analysis, but he's at least a 6.

i don't know anything about this gilly character except for the picture in this thread, fwiw.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

So evidently I was the only one, again, who took the Micros Play Live Weekend theme seriously and went to Four Winds today. I should have also taken the whole "Micros" theme to heart as well.

Made $101.25 in a couple hours at 3/6; left to rail my friends at craps and blackjack; came back to find every single fixed-limit game had broken up, so I shorted .50/1 NL and dropped two $50 buy-ins in about 30 minutes. First, AT couldn't beat K3 when she turned two pair and I, knowing she'd call a flop with bottom pair, check-raised all-in. Second, some nimrod limped AA from the button in a family pot — a family pot! — and called my $7 raise with KK from the SB, then checked and called the all-unders flop and turn. Bleh.

$1.25 profit.

[censored] no-limit.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yup far right is a winner imo

Also for those who haven't seen gilly in action here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD8w-kDZXxE

tho unlikely, i hope chez reads this & looks at that clip [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty impressive. I'll add that to my 'down under' to-do list if I ever like ever get the chance:

[ ] check out some of those sites of LOTR, incl those cool ancient sculptures of kings of middle earth
[ ] meet up w/the all the freakish ozi/kwaz/nz poker crowd
[ ] check out the game of the crickets

also pls help me with my list with suggestions. I will trust 2p2 to keep track of this when I finally have the moneys/time in 20 yrs...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM

ugh, i know that i keep bother y'all with my computer problems, but i just gave you sweet pics from greece.

gib, vy good pshop. holla

okay, so my continuing problems w/ skype, etc. now i can only run skype and ftp in safe mode w/ networking (through a tunnnel). don't know why, but the tunnel program will not recognize my running the program under normal mode. obv, i need to talk with the tech support people for the program, but they are being unhelpful.

running ftp is fine in safe mode w/, but the problem w/ skype is that the audio and mic drivers don't load in safe mode.

is there some way to manually load these? i've tried google, and the best i got was a cryptic:

[ QUOTE ]
It really depends on your sound card and whether it has legacy drivers for use in safe mode and dos.

Yes, you could manually load the drivers in a command prompt if you knew what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

any help?

i only have about a week left here, but would prefer not to spend all my money on minutes for my cell.

thanks so much.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM

Full Tilt Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (2 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1415)
Hero (t1585)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB, t575) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB, t1125) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (22.25 BB, t2225) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 33.25 BB (t3325)

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qh Kc (one pair, queens).
Hero has Td Ad (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 33.25 BB (t3325). </font>
Old 11-26-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll add that to my 'down under' to-do list if I ever like ever get the chance:

[ ] check out some of those sites of LOTR, incl those cool ancient sculptures of kings of middle earth
[ ] meet up w/the all the freakish ozi/kwaz/nz poker crowd
[ ] check out the game of the crickets

also pls help me with my list with suggestions. I will trust 2p2 to keep track of this when I finally have the moneys/time in 20 yrs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Add (in no specific order)

[ ] Rialto Towers in Melbourne
[ ] Climb around on Sydney Harbour Bridge
[ ] Climb around on the Sydney Tower
[ ] Watch a footy game
[ ] Great Ocean Road
[ ] Grampians
[ ] Blue Mountains
[ ] One lap at Bathurst
[ ] Ride on Puffing Billy
[ ] Sovereign Hill

If you, like me, have a severe case of high anxiety, you are, like me, excused from climbing and can just do the Sydney Tower from the inside. Also both a cricket game and footy game might be problematic as one is a summer sport the other a winter sport. Except for the climbing I've done all my suggestions and they are highly recommendable. Haven't done yours though, but there is still time.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (2 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1415)
Hero (t1585)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB, t575) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB, t1125) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (22.25 BB, t2225) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 33.25 BB (t3325)

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qh Kc (one pair, queens).
Hero has Td Ad (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 33.25 BB (t3325). </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard. Especially if Villain is one of those goobers who didn't realize he's in a limit tourney and donks off his chips as fast as possible.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there some way to manually load these? i've tried google, and the best i got was a cryptic:

[ QUOTE ]
It really depends on your sound card and whether it has legacy drivers for use in safe mode and dos.

Yes, you could manually load the drivers in a command prompt if you knew what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This goes back to the old days of DOS and DOS+Win3.x...even Win95 to a degree. Drivers used to be loaded at boot time in a file called config.sys, and programs run in a file called autoexec.bat. This has all been incorporated into the System Registry and related Windoze startup files, now. Safe Mode doesn't load those things, but it allows you to provide a config.sys and autoexec.bat to load drivers.

One problem is that the other thing that doesn't load is memory management, so even if you successfully load the drivers for your hardware you will frequently be unable to run the programs you want because there's not enough low memory left. Another is that, as the above quote implies, legacy (or "real mode") drivers for your hardware might not even exist; you might be able to use a driver from a previous incarnation of the same hardware, but it's pretty hard to tell what works without trial and error. [censored] like that.

If I had your computer and a couple of free hours to work on it, I could probably get everything working for you, but it would be at best buggy and at worst too unstable to use. Trust me when I tell you that you could spend the next week fighting with it and not get it to work to a point where it's worth the time you've spent.

Give the Tech Support from your tunneling software a chance to solve the problem (did you actually pay for that software?), but if they can't then it's definitely +EV for you to just eat the cell charges and move on with your life.