Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

[ QUOTE ]
is the girl in your avatar with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Mrs. Dr. Matt would like that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

(but sadly no anyway)
Old 11-15-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny you should mention 'move to NJ' in your FYP... TOMORROW I'm moving to Princeton, NJ!! (obv brag)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you living? Obv I know the town front-to-back.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had driver's education in high school and I wasn't old enough to have a license

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

We could do ours if we were on our learners permit.

NB: In Aus (well, in queensland at the time I got mine), you can get your learners permit at 16.5yrs of age. This lets you drive anywhere/anytime as long as you have a properly licensed passenger.

Then the minimum age for getting a provisional license is 17yrs. You have to hold a provisional license for 3yrs, then you get a real license.

Restrictions on provisional licenses are things like 0.0 BAC, no passengers after a certain time of night (this is a new one, not sure if it's in effect yet) and you only have something like 3 "points" on your license. You lose points for traffic offenses, a regular license has 12 points.

I'm sure none of your give a [censored] about this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, total beat

it was 16 in my state back then. now i think it's either 16.5 or 17. yes i was 15 in 10th grade.

which means:

beat: i was only 21 for 1 semester in college
beat: i was in a crappy college town, everything closed around 8ish and the movie theater wasn't built for people who are 6'3
brag: um, there has to be something good...i did enjoy college
variance: si've been drinking tonight
Old 11-16-2007, 01:22 AM

LDO

yes my code was especially long for simple task--I stated that. I was most interested in just working on scripting to get used to it and make it do what I want. I have an O'reilly linux pocket book that is like a little dictionary, but does not tell me about code. I seriously think sed is the most insanely [censored] up, but useful tool, and I haven't even hit the tip of the iceberg on sed. Also I don't think like a programmer. A programmer's own wiring is a fundamental issue. I have always been envious of those who can code well, but the reality is that I simply have no time to become proficient at it.

Origami, I really lol'd at your one-liner. You are doing it using timestamp, but what if my dog touches the file? Now it's new again. I wanted to be a purest about taking the filename apart.

Tyler, I'm still not sure what you're talking about--rsync? I don't remember a thread in software?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 AM

well driving at 16.5, legally buying and drinking booze at 18 is a pretty sweet deal. Go Aussies Go.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:04 AM

For being 21 I don't drink near enough booze as I should. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well driving at 16.5, legally buying and drinking booze at 18 is a pretty sweet deal. Go Aussies Go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can buy wine and beer in Germany at 16. But can only drive at 18... mhmmm. Don't know which one I prefer.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For being 21 I don't drink near enough booze as I should. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok...Wookie and I and the other members of the Institute are here to pick up the slack for you.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 AM

okay, very weird facebook situation.

about two months ago, i finally got a facebook account. i had been dreading this day, but my girlfriend really wanted me to have one (probably so she could let everyone know it was me she was dating, since i'm so balla).

like a month ago, some random chick "friends" me (that's what you call it, right?).

i have no clue who this chick is, but whatever. also, note that i have nothing on my profile, but "liberal," "dinosaur jr.," and "in a relationship with xxxxx xxxxx". so she probably didn't search me through that.

today, she writes three messages on my "wall".

3. and quite possibly the most OBNOXIOUS! haha LOL

2. i wanted to be the first

1. hey john!!! happy [censored] birthday!!!!

her network is charlotte, nc and she has a gmail e-mail address listed. she says that she's davidson '11, but she is not listed in the student directory.

also, i check out her profile and several people have written on her wall, "do i know you?"

what the [censored]?

is this some sort of elaborate ruse?

is this some chick from charlotte who wants as much davidson ass as possible?

aiya!

holla?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Some people get off on having lots of myspace/facebook friends. It's weird, but don't let it weird you out all that much. Facebook: srs biz.