Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: Jail

Well written OP, interesting read.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Thread title is excellent. Actual story was pretty good also. Sounds like you kept your cool, which is pretty key in encounters with cops.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well written OP, interesting read.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1
Old 11-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Are the people in this thread saying "you would get off anyone cause they didnt read your right" retarded?

They dont have to read you your rights when arresting you.

I cant believe so many people actually believe they still have to read you your rights or the charges get dropped.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, if u just ignored the cops lights and pulled into a closed garage in your apt, is there [censored] the cop could do?

[/ QUOTE ]

They know where you live and probably your plate number. You pick up another charge for evading and they still arrest you and are probably not in a pleasant mood for having to come and find you in your apartment.

To comment further on showing cops respect, just because your innocent doesnt give you the right to resist arrest. Cops are human and mistaken arrests are made all the time. Your best bet is to just let them take you in. I know people who have been mistakenly arrested and have picked up charges for resisting police officers.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not arrested if the cop just shines his lights and you ignore it and pull into a garage. Most traffic stops don't lead to arrest. I don't believe the cop can enter your garage or do anything but sit there since it's private property. He can't put something out for you saying you "evaded arrest" if he can't even prove it was you driving the car.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gave in and skimmed the story. No miranda rights read stuck out the most. If you got charged with anything it woulda been dropped based on that fact alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Miranda is only necessary if they plan to question you AND use that questioning against you.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:57 PM

I feel like law / what police can and cannot do is something most people think they know a lot about but very few people really understand it
Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, if u just ignored the cops lights and pulled into a closed garage in your apt, is there [censored] the cop could do?

[/ QUOTE ]

They know where you live and probably your plate number. You pick up another charge for evading and they still arrest you and are probably not in a pleasant mood for having to come and find you in your apartment.

To comment further on showing cops respect, just because your innocent doesnt give you the right to resist arrest. Cops are human and mistaken arrests are made all the time. Your best bet is to just let them take you in. I know people who have been mistakenly arrested and have picked up charges for resisting police officers.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not arrested if the cop just shines his lights and you ignore it and pull into a garage. Most traffic stops don't lead to arrest. I don't believe the cop can enter your garage or do anything but sit there since it's private property. He can't put something out for you saying you "evaded arrest" if he can't even prove it was you driving the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol really?

REALLY?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And to launch a preemptive strike against the libertarian douches who would have a hissyfit at using the word sir or ma'am when dealing with a police officer; you can be extremely respectful and deferrent WTHOUT forfeiting your rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a slave to the system dude. Cops can't control what they do based on whim, they are BOUND by the laws of AMERICA to do whatever you tell them to while in custody. Next time the man tries to pull some bs like, let me search you, or, step out of the car, ask for his badge number, then make him do that many pushups right then and there. That's right its a little known fact that cops have badge numbers to delineate how many pushups they can do.

The main thing I dont understand is why you got out of your car at all. If Johnny Law tried to make me get out my car, even if it was on fire, I'd make them go through the whole procedure of getting the Jaws of Justice to pry me out, just to make sure they weren't trying to frame me for anything. As soon as I get a car I'm going to install some handcuffs to the dashboard.

Stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that even the right use of delineate?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, talked to a former cop if he wants to get u he can can go get a warrant