Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
, I am mainly going as a representative for 2p2,

[/ QUOTE ]

HI N 82 50 24:

I'm sorry but you do not represent Two Plus Two. That authorization can only from me.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, who the hell is this Nat and why would I think he should be speaking for me or any other poker player. I've been playing online since the inception of online poker and I have no clue who he is.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM

All,

Re: going with Nat, I'm talking to him about it at the moment. This may or may not happen - it's not my main priority right now, but I also play donkaments for a living, which means that by definition, I don't have anything better to do. (Not to say I'm taking it lightly; like I said, it's just not the #1 issue on my plate either way.)

I'm not gonna say anything else about it simply because I'd rather not make a public announcement until the one of us, two of us, and/or anyone else that replaces either of us, have figured out what we're gonna do one way or the other. That said, obviously, whether I go or not, blaming Nat, myself or anybody else for taking money from AP is dumb - neither Nat or anyone else should have to pay for their own plane tickets and hotel rooms to be stuck in office buildings for a week researching a financial crime. Of course, compensation's gonna be involved. It is, however, just as silly to imagine that anyone would sabotage their integrity for this at any point - we've all got reps that are worth a lot more than the amount we're talking about.

Having said that,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way for the company to pay for its mistakes is for it to go down the tubes. And there is no such thing as a "good" company. Companies exist to make money for their shareholders. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong and partly shortsighted. I'll be the first to admit I *do* have an interest in seeing online poker survive. Personally, I'd much rather just have it US-regulated, but in the absence of that as an option, I'd much rather have a market including a clean, reformed AP than a market with a dead AP and a horror story. This does not mean I'll pull punches, because a market with a corrupt AP is much worse than both of those things, and if I ran into a lie anywhere, we'd all just have a ticking timebomb on our hands anyway. But I do not particularly want the tree to die if the offending bug larvae's already gone.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM

Ask to speak to the person who accidentally sent the file. Find out to the best of your ability how he has been treated in the last couple weeks, as well as his perspective on the matter.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Nat, I would assume that moving a large amount of cash through customs would raise some eyebrows, but Ikestoys was wondering if you would secrete some gold bars in your rectum so he can be made whole.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HI N 82 50 24:

I'm sorry but you do not represent Two Plus Two. That authorization can only from me.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, who the hell is this Nat and why would I think he should be speaking for me or any other poker player. I've been playing online since the inception of online poker and I have no clue who he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban for stupidity please!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ask to speak to the person who accidentally sent the file. Find out to the best of your ability how he has been treated in the last couple weeks, as well as his perspective on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was fired.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The person that accidentally sent the file has probably been fired and should have been fired. That email was dangerous for reasons that go beyond exposing AP's controversy.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM

I guess were all suposed to know who Nat is? What are his credentials? What kind of credentials would someone need to have for this type of wild goose chase? Seriously, were playing online poker for a living here, not saving dying children...no one gives a [censored] about us and no one should. We risk our money online and [censored] happens, deal with it!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HI N 82 50 24:

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see, it's funny because while Nat has done more work on this thing than anyone, you're in this thread and commenting on the scandal without actually knowing anything about it (since if you had, you'd certainly 'know who he was'). but don't let that stop you from trolling it.

oh wait, I gave you a timeout so you can't, my bad.

ps: Nat has better credentials for at least part of this than I do and he's almost certainly a better poker player than any of the people doing the actual audit. that *clearly* makes him qualified.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HI N 82 50 24:

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban for stupidity please!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]