Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: How can poker be so easy, yet so hard?

[ QUOTE ]
You can't move down a level, if the only reason is to conserve you BR if you "got a feelin' that a cooler is a comin". That following the same logic that you should bet on black, if the past 7 spins have landed red.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree unless youre complete overrolled.
If I run obv hot i move up( taking shots) if games are good and within my bankroll Limits. If things go meh I play my normal Level wich iam usally a little overralled if things go very bad iam looking to play one level below and look for only soft games. I also play my usual level then but only if the games are good.

Example (LHE)

Last Time i was running meh and played my normal Level (15/30) and some 25/50 FR but ive alway been loosing there. However the game seemed to be awesome again and i finally won a bunch of Pots in a very short Time. I looked up in the lobby and saw a decent 50/100, havent seen such a game at lower levels yet and it was Fullring wich ment lower variance. I still had 500BBs for it so i took a little shot with a loss Limit of 12 BBs. I ended up playing almost 1K Hands there for 8BB/100. When things seemingly changed and i started loosing pots I immediately moved down to mostly 15/30. End of story i went on a 200BB down and only lost 6K instead of 12 15 or more. However if i would have had a 1000BB plus Bankroll i wouldve just kept playing unless the games wouldve gotten bad. But in general theres nothing wrong with moving down when running bad. If someone runs seemingly bad its huge plus EV to move down till things seemingly turn back to meh or good.