Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Nasty HU Spot at 10/20. Hows my line?

lol raising here is suicidal.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, if u dont like this play 95% of the time what do u recommend as a better alternative? The way I see it, if I just call here he has to put me on either a draw or a pp above an 8 (that im not willing to felt) and so he can bluff me out on the turn. On a board thats so drawy, and when were deepstacked, I dont think he will believe i have a queen unless i rr his flop raise. This hand almost seems like a shove-or-fold the flop type hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he expect you to 3-bet a Q here HU on an almost harmless board against a very aggressive opponent?
Old 07-28-2007, 12:46 AM

I dont consider this a harmless board esp with the range he calls my 3 bets with. He will flop lots of gutters/flush draws here and im pretty sure he will check-raise most of those on this flop. What do i do if the turn comes an 8, 10, j, k, a or ne spade?

btw the comments are interesting but i still havent had ne one propose a better line in detail. plz explain to me how not raising here is better.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:53 AM

referring to having Qx. Although there are a lot of semi scary boards, he is not going to have outs to all of those cards. So you are still in position to pick off his bluffs fairly often and get him to make a big mistake. Also we will have redraws with Qx. 3-betting with a Q is good if you think he does this for value with as low as ~99 himself (to call a shove), or if you have deep enough stacks and the image to induce a 4-bet bluff. With 99 it is tougher because we are more more vulernable against his semibluffs like JT, but we still have position and don't have to call every turn. I think we call and call some turns, and fold a few of them.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:50 AM

i don't like this at all. by pushing, imo we either go broke or fold out a complete bluff. that said, if this guy is very loose and aggressive, couldn't we wait to trap him in a better spot than this? from your description, i'm guessing it worked, but i really don't like it. he's prob calling with anything better, and if he's completely bluffing, i think a smaller raise would get the same information.