Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: RakeReduction, why are you so cheap?

william, you still haven't really addressed the issue of how RR would deal with people who would abuse the cashout system if negative balances didn't roll over. One of the few rewards that Full Tilt offers is the Iron Man Promotion, so I can see how the regs would not want to give up for a month and play somewhere else like you mentioned in order to get by the negative rollover.

I mean, just speaking for myself, I have given stars a lot more of my action lately, but I still play on Full Tilt enough to make silver, so that I can stay in the challenge.

The others who have posted are right in this regard and lion makes a good point with the revenue sharing system, this is how a business works
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How come many rakeback affiliates do not carry over to the next month negative balances and you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused by this - how can the main basis of your complaint be that many affiliates don't carry over the negative balance, then you can't actually name them! God what a douche - you come here, drag a sites name down, then do nothing to back up your claims.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How come many rakeback affiliates do not carry over to the next month negative balances and you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused by this - how can the main basis of your complaint be that many affiliates don't carry over the negative balance, then you can't actually name them! God what a douche - you come here, drag a sites name down, then do nothing to back up your claims.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are countless threads about this in the IG forum. As usual, nobody wants to mention names.

Another matter are the transactions fees when using a Visa CC to deposit to FT.
From what I can see, those fees amount to 12,26% of the transfer.
This assuming that I am paying 27% of the fee Visa actually is charging FT. Can this be true? Or is there also here something I have misunderstood?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are countless threads about this in the IG forum. As usual, nobody wants to mention names.

Another matter are the transactions fees when using a Visa CC to deposit to FT.
From what I can see, those fees amount to 12,26% of the transfer.
This assuming that I am paying 27% of the fee Visa actually is charging FT. Can this be true? Or is there also here something I have misunderstood?

[/ QUOTE ]

Name 1 rakeback affiliate who carries over the balance that let's you cash out everyday??? Huge difference between one that allows you to cashout everyday and one that does not. Let me ask you a question. If you do a chargeback at Full Tilt for $4000 in a month, would you expect Rakereduction to wipe that debt out starting a new month? Who is supposed to pay for that?

Also, I believe your issues are with Full Tilt and the credit card processors, NOT with rakereduction. It seems to me you are mad at the high fees and since rr shows you what they are, you are for some reason pissed at them. Everyone gets charged these fees that gets rakeback, everyone.

You sir, are way out of line
Old 09-24-2007, 02:50 PM

If you do a chargeback at Full Tilt for $4000 in a month, would you expect Rakereduction to wipe that debt out starting a new month? Who is supposed to pay for that?

As usual, we are dealing with morons that are desperately looking for totally out of contest and extreme examples. If you truly believe I expected RR to absorbe for my eventual chargeback (I may add that it might be in your habits to cheat, rob or whatever you want to call it, but not in mines) then I am really sorry I started this thread. You people must love being taken advantage for.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I may add that it might be in your habits to cheat, rob or whatever you want to call it, but not in mines)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is where the problem lies. Just because you would not abuse the system does not mean others would not either. Fraud is a much bigger problem in the industry then most think. Abusing a cashback now system would not be fraud in most cases but it could certainly be used to abuse promotions if they absorbed the end of month negatives. The $4000 chargeback is an extreme example, a better example would be the large deposit or plasma TV.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(I may add that it might be in your habits to cheat, rob or whatever you want to call it, but not in mines)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is where the problem lies. Just because you would not abuse the system does not mean others would not either. Fraud is a much bigger problem in the industry then most think. Abusing a cashback now system would not be fraud in most cases but it could certainly be used to abuse promotions if they absorbed the end of month negatives. The $4000 chargeback is an extreme example, a better example would be the large deposit or plasma TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. I also mean that absorbing the expense a plasma tv generates would not be out of place as the player in question has been playing a LOT to afford the TV; and assuming the affiliate has grown big enough to be making a serious benefit from its players.

Of course it would be easier if we knew what a large affiliate such as RR gets back from FT. I am not asking for somehting the numbers show can't be done, I just want a fair share of what WE generate but nobody will tell us how much WE generate. This specially applies in this case because the 27% limit set by FT is VERY convenient for the affiliates but they could do a "gesture" by absorbing other costs.

That RR has been saying "it will soon happen" for almost a year now when asked about the freerolls (or any other kind of gesture towards their clients) without nothing really happening shows at best a lack of big, big enthousiasm about giving anything away.

Every bussiness deal needs to be renegociated when one of the partners show clear signs of suddenly having the best of it. Affiliates deals should not be an exception.

Notice as well the total silence from other affiliates in this thread when they usually are all over the place commenting everything and trying to pick up an extra player or two by promoting their own site.

Touchy subject, I agree.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 PM

It's my understanding all the big time affiliates get 35% off players they send to Full Tilt.

While 8% may seem like alot to you, surely have to consider running costs which include paying staff, contests, freerolls (Although these don't apply from what I read), advertising, charge backs from other players.

It is also my understand the 27% is not negotiable at Full Tilt.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every bussiness deal needs to be renegociated when one of the partners show clear signs of suddenly having the best of it. Affiliates deals should not be an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, what? Sometimes businesses will do this, but it is certainly not a given. How happy would you be if an affiliate wanted to lower your RB?

[ QUOTE ]
Notice as well the total silence from other affiliates in this thread when they usually are all over the place commenting everything and trying to pick up an extra player or two by promoting their own site.

Touchy subject, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fairly professional of them, I think. They do business a little differently, but they are abstaining from jumping on RR for the way they do things. Plus, I doubt PA would put up with much of that.

Unfortunately for you if you are so unhappy with RR, FT is one of the few sites that seems to be extremely loyal to their affiliates, and this leaves you in a poor bargaining position. RR can basically say "take it or leave it", and there's not a lot you can do. That being said, I'm sure they want to get continued business from you and others, and are listening to your concerns.

The way I see it, this cap FT has put in place means there are fewer areas for affiliates to use to stand apart from one another. Daily payouts is one, no negative carryover is another. Unless I'm mistaken, FT only pays out to their affiliates once per month, so RR is already giving back some of their money when they give it to you as much as a month or more before they get it. It seems that's the trade-off you make when you sign up with RR...you can get daily payouts, but your negative balance carries over.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless I'm mistaken, FT only pays out to their affiliates once per month, so RR is already giving back some of their money when they give it to you as much as a month or more before they get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct they only pay once a month. Also RR is taking the risk (albeit an extremely small one) that the poker room defaults on affiliate payments. Who remembers PokerNow? I'm sure there was another but can't think of who it was.