Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 AM

Default E Bay bid gone mad

follows are actual E Mail exchanges between an E Bay merchant and myself. (cross posted to Internet forum)

Congratulations, you've won the following auction(s):
(ABCDE)

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I recently tried to purchase a children’ video game from you online through E Bay. While attempting to do so, I received a 'transaction cancelled,' why I do not know, but I still wanted to purchase the game.

I went back a second time and managed to complete the transaction. I received a message that payment was received and the order shipped.

I suspect that somehow both orders were processed? In any case, I obviously wanted to buy the game only one time. Hopefully this reply will resolve the situation.
Thank you,
ZZZZ

You must go through our checkout using checkout link https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , select PayPal and it will re-direct you to the PayPal site to pay
Thanks,
xxxx
Hi Xxxx,
Just to clarify---somehow 2 orders were processed. I managed to purchase one video game from you. There is a duplicate order in the system. Could we please cancel the duplicate order, as I have already purchased that game from you.
Thanks,
Zzzz
Okay you have 2 choices or actually 3 choices. All bids on ebay are binding contracts. You cannot cancel them. We sellers pay a commission on every bid regardless whether paid or not.
1. You pay as bid,
2. You reimburse us our lost ebay fees of $2.00, we need PayPal email to send a bill
3. We have to file the unpaid item strike on ebay to recoup our fees
Let me know what option you choose or option 3 will obviously apply.
Xxxx
Wow, ok.

You seem to be intent on this 2 bucks regardless of the fact I have already purchased another item from you.

I would think that your profit margin would be enough to cover this, especially the $9 shipping fee, which I assumed covered a multitude of minor costs..

Please cancel the order, and I will be happy to send the 2 clams to you, though it seems a bit extreme to lose a customer over, as I was quite happy with the speed of your shipment.
I am quite bemused over this really, as both of us have at this point invested far more than 2 bananas worth of effort.

I mean, stop to think of this really---I, not knowing the E bay world, made a novice mistake with the double order, and I understand that you businessmen can't be held responsible for a multitude of malicious bad bids.

You however, know how this works, and knew that your cost was limited to 2 coconuts.

You also knew that this was not a 'false' bid, as you knew that I had indeed gone ahead with the original purchase, albeit a second time.

Please let me know where to send the money, and I will send out two, new, crisp singles out to you first thing Monday morning. I will cover the stamp cost from my end.
Sincerely,
Xxxx
------------------------------------------------------------ <font color="red"> </font>
[Address received] then next day---

It has been nearly 1 week since you placed you winning bid for my eBay auction (or you used the buy it now feature) for XYZ GBA/SP ** NEW **. This is my final notification requesting a response.

If checkout is not completed within the next 24 hours, checkout will close, your item will be re-listed, and eBay being notified of your non compliance.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I thought we had this covered.

I bought one game from you, and I want to cancel the duplicate order.

I am sending you the $2 fee that you will be charged.

Xxxx

You did not pay the $2 tho
Thanks,
Zzzz
-----------------------------------------------------------
The $2 is on its way, regular US mail.

Enclosed in the envelope, please find two Federal Reserve Notes. They are both one (1) dollar bills.

Serial numbers: I 69224981 A (2003 A series)

E 55523201 C (also 2003 A series)

Both have reproduced signatures from the Treasurer of the United States, and the Secretary of the Treasury, Anna Escobedo Cabral, and John W Snow respectively at that time.

While one dollar bills do not carry the security strip enclosed in larger denomination bills established in 1990, I can assure you that both are genuine.

If you wish to confirm this you may have the bills privately tested. Any major bank should be able to authenticate them at little or no cost to yourself.

Because this is a financial transaction, I have asked the post office for a signed confirmation of delivery for my records.

Hopefully this will conclude our business together in an agreeable manner to all parties involved.

Sincerely,
Xxxx
Old 12-20-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Re: E Bay bid gone mad

meh
Old 12-20-2006, 02:14 AM

what a [censored] dick to do all that to a customer for two dollars.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 AM

You can actually file for a agreement that neither of you have to pay any fees or give each other any strikes. He could have done this for you easily.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:01 AM

I am confused on what he wanted 2 of. Which one was it: clams, bananas, or coconuts? Geez get your story straight and maybe you wouldn't have problems with sellers.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what a [censored] dick to do all that to a customer for two dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-20-2006, 05:05 AM

Expert.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM

You shouldn't have to send him anything, ebay will refund the fees back to him in this case.

However, you should probably leave him 2 negative feedbacks.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't have to send him anything, ebay will refund the fees back to him in this case.

However, you should probably leave him 2 negative feedbacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he'll leave you negative feedback. Make sure heleaves it first.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused on what he wanted 2 of. Which one was it: clams, bananas, or coconuts? Geez get your story straight and maybe you wouldn't have problems with sellers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beedogs, plz.