Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: KK in big pot

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking about turn check. We may be looking at an overcall decision. It may be about the same if we bet the turn as last ui. Can you call a river bet in the check behind plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the dilemma I face often. I just don't trust my hand reading enough to be able to figure out if I can call a bet or not. So, since there's one more bet bound to go into this pot, I'd rather stick it in myself in the knowledge that whatever action the turn/river brings, I have a decent idea of where I'm at.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uh easy river check

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I check the turn, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check the turn don't you have to bet the river if it is checked through again?
Old 05-27-2007, 01:46 PM

check turn..3 way pot for 10$,u give free cards and u showed weakness to anyone who would be agressif and might take a shot at you on river,u give yourslef a hard decision on the river if someone bet wich i hate alot,u loose money on someone who would call with TT -QQ on turn cause only 1 overcard upthere.
finally, always thought better bet your hand right out on turn since u cant loose anything if your reraise since u have like no out to improve.
if u have like a couple of outs to improve on river and so might be able to raise there if u improve or just call if u dont improve then fine, but u have 2 outs not worth it i think.
rather bet and have free check on river.
i think the value of gaining on overcall is less compare to the money u can loose to someone trying bluff the river!
Old 05-27-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking about turn check. We may be looking at an overcall decision. It may be about the same if we bet the turn as last ui. Can you call a river bet in the check behind plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the dilemma I face often. I just don't trust my hand reading enough to be able to figure out if I can call a bet or not. So, since there's one more bet bound to go into this pot, I'd rather stick it in myself in the knowledge that whatever action the turn/river brings, I have a decent idea of where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is "is an unknown going to be betting the river w/JJ or QQ if we check behind, or do we get more value by him calling the turn." The more I think about this hand, I am committed to a showdown for 1 and only one bet UI. The other guy's hand can be basically discounted because he's calling with any piece anyway.

I was playing a live hand HU, I think I I 3-bet or capped JJ vs another guy semi-donkish. I led an A flop and he folded, turning JJ face-up. This is different because we want JJ to call.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:18 PM

funny had this hand just now: i had KK
vilain UTG, hero UTG+2,
UTG limp, hero raise,button cold call,BB calls ,utg calls,
(small bets 8.5)
flop:A spades,9 clubs,A clubs,

UTG(vilain) check,hero bets,button folds,BB calls,utg calls
(Big bet3)total:14.5 SB or 7.25 BB)

turn: T hearts(now i bet for not giving free cards on flush draw or straight or even pocket pair(unlikely but still)or give chance someone drop AJ or A8 and below(unikely but alwasy good a try multiway pot no?)or trying get free showdown.

UTG(vilain) check,hero bet,BB call,villain raise!!!
i fold..

if u want to know what BB and utg had ask me...
Old 05-27-2007, 02:22 PM

Montreal: Your hand is a little different because having 2 aces hit is better than 1 (Ax beats you either way, but 2 aces means there are less that can be in other people's hands). I like your line in that hand as the board is drawy enough to keep betting and while someone making a move postflop isn't always trips, bet/call/checkraise on the turn nearly always is.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:24 PM

yup i know not same thing because 2 Aces but concept same thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
moreover to balance the 2A vs A alone..i have 1 more opponent to make it more likely somone as an A

and the hands from original poster, a flush draw hit on turn so basically its in the same vein
Old 05-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Your hand was only raised once pre-flop, not 3-times which makes it a lot different. You also don't give any reads on villain. There are lots of reads that I call down his c/r with.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 PM

Hey, does everyone realise that Hero's 2 opponents on the turn and river are the preflop 3-better and a calling station in the CO ? (Not the preflop raiser and 3-better)

As the preflop 3-better did not bet either the flop or turn, I think he is more likely to have an underpair to our KK than an A. The fish presumably is calling with any piece of the board.

I think that I would be inclined to bet both the turn and river for value. Or, am I missing something ?
Old 05-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Fantam: Put yourself in UTG's shoes with AJo and ask yourself how much you like your hand.