Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 12:15 AM

Default So it\'s been a while....

Well it's been a while since I last posted, not sure many will remember me or vice versa, but I look forward to picking up where I left off.

Prior to leaving, online poker was still legal and I spent most of my time on PokerStars and PartyPoker playing 1/2 and 2/5 NL.

Now I'm lost.... I have no idea what's legal and what isn't legal anymore. I would like to get back online and de-rustify my skills, but I'm not sure the best way to go about doing that.

Anyone with insight into the best sites, the best way to get money onto that site, and the best way to protect yourself against being prosecuted now or in the future, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

MaddHatter
Old 07-15-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: So it\'s been a while....

In the current environment, prosecution of players seems highly unlikely (except possibly in the state of Washington or if you cross the IRS). The federal legislation that passed last fall applies to financial institutions, not players. There is now a legislation subforum, so you might check that out.

There are now just a handful of sites accepting U.S. players. Full Tilt and PokerStars are the biggest. Bonuswhores.com is probably a good place to see what's out there.

As far as moving money, it's definitely harder. It's more site-specific now than before. Neteller is gone. Epassporte is somewhat popular, but there are other ways too. Check out the internet subforum.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:34 AM

As the last poster said, as a player, you are pretty safe from prosecution. I belief this is especially ture not that Democrates have taken control of Congress, and sneaky Friss is gone.

You can load your money at Full Tilt with epassporte and with plain old credit card (I was surprised at the last option but I have done it.) With credit card you do not have to pay for the epassporte fee. Good luck with your return!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 PM

While I know you are all salivating at the idea of taking my money [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I just want to make sure that the site I go with will get the money back to me. I'm not interested in being put on a 6month hold like the current Neteller Customers. I'll definately check out the internet subforum and the bonuswhores website