Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those who have the "0 import" problem, check your firewall client. Mine was McAfee Security Client and it sucked. I'm now using a different client and I no longer have a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I bet it was blocking port 5432 access to the Postgres db. Hopefully this solves it for a few more people.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, was chatting with another person with the 0 import problem and he also had Mcafee and after disabling it he is now up and running.

There are 2 other known causes right now

1) You can't import from a root folder - so don't put your hand history files right in your C:\. They need to be in a folder. This will be fixed.

2) If your hand history file is over about 20MB then it will fail. I will be adding a built in file splitter to HM soon.

rvg
Old 08-01-2007, 09:50 AM

All,

I am Chris Tickner, the owner and programmer of http://www.legopoker.com

I don't know if rvg told you guys yet or not, but I will tell you anyway. LegoPoker Hand History converter is going to be integrated with Holdem Manager. Once the functionality is set up by me and rvg it will be possible to right click any hand (and potentially select a number of hands) and click "Convert" which will open your browser to LegoPoker.com/hh with the converted hand history which you can then post on 2p2, aim, html/websites/blogs, etc.

If you have any thoughts/opinions/comments on this, just let us know and we will respond accordingly!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 AM

Awesome. That sounds really cool.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:16 AM

The program freezes when pressing "import from folder".
"import files" works fine.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The program freezes when pressing "import from folder".
"import files" works fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which folder are you importing from? HM imports all sub folders right now as well so if you use import folder and try to do this on your C:\ rooy then it is going to take a very long time as it searches through every txt and xml file on your computer for hands...

I'll be providing an option to not import subfolders soon.

rvg
Old 08-01-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the functionality is set up by me and rvg it will be possible to right click any hand (and potentially select a number of hands) and click "Convert" which will open your browser to LegoPoker.com/hh with the converted hand history which you can then post on 2p2, aim, html/websites/blogs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will also be able to setup your preferences in HM so that when you do convert hands all of the fields in Lego Poker (ie 2+2 output) are prefilled out with your default values which you of course can change if you want.

Hand conversion and sharing has never been easier.

We've been working on this for a while and although I can't say exactly when this will happen it will be coming soon.

rvg
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Which folder are you importing from? HM imports all sub folders right now as well so if you use import folder and try to do this on your C:\ rooy then it is going to take a very long time as it searches through every txt and xml file on your computer for hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a new folder in My Documents and imported 50K prima hands from PT. After deleting the files, the dialogue opened as normal. I guess it scans those files and freezes then. Maybe my computer is too slow.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a new folder in My Documents and imported 50K prima hands from PT. After deleting the files, the dialogue opened as normal. I guess it scans those files and freezes then. Maybe my computer is too slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

It really shouldn't do this.. something else must be going on. I've pointed HM at a folder with about 5000 files and 3 million hands and it didn't have any problems and my computer isn't great.

So if you use import file it works? What if you use Import File and you select 5 files at a time? What about selecting all the files from the import file dialog?

Not exactly sure what is up but this is definately not typical. Let me know if multi seleting from import files works for you.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Choosing "import files" and then selecting all the files in the folder works fine. Selecting "import from folder" freezes all, i cant get to the window to select folder. After i deleted the files in the folder and tried again, the dialogue opens fine, starting at c:
Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Ok, so I again took a closer look at the Hold'em Manager Stats and compared them to my PokerTracker stats.

HM doesn't get all the hands that PT does. E.g. at NL 20 i have 26k hands in PT, but only 23k in HM.

There're quite a few hands that appear like this at the Import Status:

08/01/2007 8:36:31 PM: File Imported C:\xxx\xxx.xml
: 0 imported, 0 duplicates, 23 errors, 0 non-hold'em hands.

So apparently there seems to be some sort of import error with HM, which PT doesn't have. Would you like me to send you some HHs that appear like this at the Import Status?

I also noticed that in the Reports tab (by Game buy in), in the Game Type Desciption colunm, NL5 (PartyPoker) is described as '$0.025/0.05 NL', although the small blind only is $0.02 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]