Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Beat: Stars seized my funds, closed account

get out of the frickin' box
Old 11-16-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Link to original thread:
http://forum.neverbeg.com/showthread...93#post2301993

Yup.

Cliffnotes:
I was being backed for about 3k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stunned by this because you're terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also someone at neverbeg should update this link saying that Ortega is a scammer, cause when someone randomly finds the linked page a month or a year from now, Stars is going to look really bad, it doesn't really explain.

Stars rules so hard.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your taco shells rule

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 11-16-2007, 07:01 AM

NVM read link in OPs post

Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.
- The emails posted are a total fabrication
- He has not spoken with Stephen in Game Security about this issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface this by saying, slack post sir. I don't believe you can be that good at your job to know theres NO DOUBT a mistake isn't being made somewhere. Way to consider helping the guy btw. I don't even care if he is guilty, why don't you do your god damn job and try help him. If there is some other evidence either say it or dont say anything because saying 'I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points' is bs, we get that enough from AP.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface this by saying, slack post sir. I don't believe you can be that good at your job to know theres NO DOUBT a mistake isn't being made somewhere. Way to consider helping the guy btw. I don't even care if he is guilty, why don't you do your god damn job and try help him. If there is some other evidence either say it or dont say anything because saying 'I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points' is bs, we get that enough from AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, I got precisely the exact opposite read.

OP says "X."
PS says "WTF, absolutely not true, you POS," pretty much immediately.
OP runs with tail between his legs.

You somehow decide that this means PS is wrong.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 AM

Since this exact thread is in every damn forum... here is what I posted in the zoo in two replies.

First..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard was it to read this sentence guys. Seriously.

Edited to add: the guy clearly rolled his backers, thought he could get away with a lie in doing it and got completely and utterly owned by Stars support.
1) the guy's account is closed. that much of his story is true.
2) Stars is saying the other elements of the story are false.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this as a followup.

I didn't mean to sound snippy in tone- its late at night etc.

But I think there is a very straightforward reading of that very specific and inclusive sentence.
Not much at all makes sense about OP's story to be honest.
I've dealt with scammers before and the first thing they do is seek to hand out a story that makes some sense- especially if you dont ask questions about it.
In this instance OP is relying on his own statements to stars as the basis for his story.
It's genius really.
He is taking a "good act" of his and turning it into something that is being used against him what... a year later?
"Hey these guys didn't do anything about this when I told them but now WOW LOOK THEY STOLE MY MONEY."

Except Stars comes here and says specifically "the account is closed, everything else he has said is complete [censored] imo".

The classic scam is a story that makes just enough sense you want to believe it despite the opposing side being much more straightforward and believable.
Look at what OP asks Stars support after they own him.
"now tell me you've never ever lied to anyone" essentially.

It's classic scame mode.
Lie until you get caught... then call the other side the liar.

Stars isn't going to come here and post specifics about his account. Especially if they've done nothing.
Not nothing wrong, NOTHING AT ALL.

They have a guy saying "Stars did this to me" and Stars responds with "no we didn't, liar."

What more do you want?

Edited by apefish (11/16/07 06:48 AM)
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- His account is closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between overlooking something, and disputing the OP's entire story outright. To refute the basic claims doesn't require full disclosure of every detail to you or the public. OP is obviously a scammer, and frankly PS did us all a service while defending themselves. For some reason you seem to think that you're entitled to his entire account history and documentation, or else it must be a cover up... lol.

If this turns out to be a whole big scandal where Stars cheated this guy, then I'll specifically point out your post for it's awesome wisdom, but otherwise it was kind of a silly post. Another random nobody went busto, tried to put the scam on and Stars responded pretty directly, end of story.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 AM

[ ] OP with 40 posts' credibility
[x] Pokerstars' credibility
Old 11-16-2007, 09:57 AM

lol at OP for perpetrating this scam on the one site most likely to resolve the issue quickly and out him as a scamming little turd.

he should obv have run the scam on AP or something and people would have believed anything he'd written.