Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: To Thaaj and Curtains

Rather than complain here, why not bitch to Pokerstars demanding private tables? People who demand HU in 6-max games should invest in killing themselves.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
curtains youre a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 PM

curtains,

unfortunately you're in the wrong here. if both players want HU, they should get it. a heads up sit n go isn't a heads up cash game.

i'd love to see where curtains sits down shortstacking (and totally ruining a deep stack game) and has chat on - 'hay guys go play a heads up sit n go, it's not my problem'
Old 08-01-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
curtains,

unfortunately you're in the wrong here. if both players want HU, they should get it. a heads up sit n go isn't a heads up cash game.

i'd love to see where curtains sits down shortstacking (and totally ruining a deep stack game) and has chat on - 'hay guys go play a heads up sit n go, it's not my problem'

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen if my chat is on and someone wants to play headsup, Ill just let them, I don't give a crap, there are many others tables to play at. I really have no interest in breaking up a heads up game just so I can play on a particular table.

I just think that the idea that they should expect everyone to behave in this fashion is ridiculous.

Never at any time did I say that I would refuse to get up if I knew that two players were trying to play heads up. However I do believe it's absurd for these players to think it's their inherent right to control a 6 handed table all by themselves amongst themselves and then go on a tizzy because some random person won't get up.

What makes the situation even more silly is that I generally join tables that have only 4 players or more on them. I suspect that I made this table a full table. So how ridiculous is it to be the 6th player to join a table, and have 2 random people at the table telling us all to go away, as though they own the table. Seriously, just go play on fulltilt or stop bitching, because a lot of players are going to deny your request to play headsup, and you are going to live a life of constant frustration, that results in you making childish posts on the internet.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Curtains,

It is just general proper etiquitte that if BOTH players request hu, then you give it to them-- that is not ludicrous at all. Saying to "play a hu sit aand go instead" is what is ludicrous. If there were several players already playing and you sat, that is one thing. If it was HU and you sat and broke up the game, that is pretty [censored], and an entirely different scenario.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains,

It is just general proper etiquitte that if BOTH players request hu, then you give it to them-- that is not ludicrous at all. Saying to "play a hu sit aand go instead" is what is ludicrous. If there were several players already playing and you sat, that is one thing. If it was HU and you sat and broke up the game, that is pretty [censored], and an entirely different scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude did you even read the thread?

I'll be nice and repeat everything once again for you:

1. When I sat down there were 4-5 players already at the table

2. My chat is almost always off, so I don't see any requests like the OP's anyway.

3. I would leave a table if they requested to play headsup because I don't really care. I still think it's ridiculous because a lot of people either aren't going to leave or are going to have their chat off. I'm not saying it's terrible to ask, but to expect every single person on Pokerstars to agree to these demands is unrealistic and stupid (which the OP obviously does because he had a hissy fit and created this thread to begin with).

Regardless, if I'm the third to join a table and two players are playing headsup, and I'm told that they both want to play headsup, then I have no problems leaving. Anyone who has fully read the thread and hasn't figured this out has some major reading comprehension problems.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curtains youre a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM

I dont really have a problem sitting at a 4 handed (probably not even 3 handed) where some guy is going off in the chat for OMG TEH HU PLEEZ!

I dont sit in on HU ever, but 3-4handed seems fine.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curtains i love you

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really have a problem sitting at a 4 handed (probably not even 3 handed) where some guy is going off in the chat for OMG TEH HU PLEEZ!

I dont sit in on HU ever, but 3-4handed seems fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure I was the 6th player to sit at the table, to make it even more ridiculous that this was posted.