Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Daily Double Final Table

4 handed Daily double tourney. 1st prize 2k. Getting down to wire. Villain (sb) has been 3betting light and picking up pots, but folding to aggression after someone 3bets him. UTG guy is a tricky player, whom is only player I'm concerned about. UTG player cashed 25th in the other dd tourney, so he is solid as well, but plays hands face up.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15000/t30000
(Ante: t4000)
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t517088
Button: t321372
SB: t725820
gameoverjc: t651720

Pre-flop: (4 players) gameoverjc is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t90000</font>, <font color="#cc0000">gameoverjc ???</font>,

What is my line here? Call, then shove any non face card flop? Shove preflop? Reraise? What do I do if he shoves and why?

First large field mtt I played, so as much advice as possible would be helpful!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Daily Double Final Table

Easy push, 88 four handed and in a blind battle and you say hes been aggressive. real easy.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:24 AM

wit ur stack bein 2nd in chips ur still not in a hurry so i flat call and take the flop and try to get a read on him after the flop. U have position if u raise hes probably shoving so i think u take a flop here and see what happens when u have more information.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:31 AM

Calling here is really bad I think. You are gonna get blown off your hand on a good portion of flops where u might have had the best hand. Your hand rates to be the best right now and calling off a large portion of your stack here is pretty bad IMO so just push it.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 AM

y shove the 2nd place stack into the chip leader. u cant take a flop here and ur still gonna b ahead the majority of the time. And if u get a crappy board then u can still get off the hand and ur still in 2nd place wit 600k. Im not sayin shovin is the worst play but i dont think its best for this situation bc ur in 2nd place if u got 400k intsead of 6 and a half then it is an auto shove.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:55 AM

My main concern is winning the pot with reduced variance. I seen Daniel N. in a similar situation in WSOP Tunica 3 handed where he had 66's and called Bryant King's raise, then shoved flop on non threatening board.

Given that I put the guy on a big hand like A-K,A-Q, I was just wondering if anyone thought the same (of Danny N's example).
Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 AM

exactly y would u want to race here, i would just call and then shove most non threatning flops like 10 high or 9 high and under and most non ace one overcard boards.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 AM

SHOVE. You have a decent sized stack for shoving, nice fold equity and a nice pot to pick up NOW. You can't just put him on AK, AQ, he's open raising from SB. He's going to fold a lot, and your not going to know where your at on most flops, your going to end up shoving and letting him play perfectly a lot postflop. Shove preflop.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SHOVE. You have a decent sized stack for shoving, nice fold equity and a nice pot to pick up NOW. You can't just put him on AK, AQ, he's open raising from SB. He's going to fold a lot, and your not going to know where your at on most flops, your going to end up shoving and letting him play perfectly a lot postflop. Shove preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 AM

I think it could go either way depending what reads you have and what your natural tendencies are. Me personally I would call and see what the flop brings. My line of thinking is why shove and risk all of 90 % of your stack when you are prob a coinflip. Once you see the flop and have more info. then you can bet/raise/fold depending on flop and what villian does. I know we are playing to win and a lot of people would say push to gain control of the hand pf, but I would want a better spot.