Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Full Tilt sat to ME seat

Lost a huge portion of my stack earlier on. Avg stacks around 7k, I was chip leader but now sitting on 11k. Several short stacks. Blinds 100-200.

5 limpers, I limp in cutoff with 5-4 diamonds.

Flop comes A J 4 with two diamonds. Checked to mp short stack who bets 2k (1k behind).

Comments? Hoping to here about fold equity and if anyone would want other players to come along or to get them out etc.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt sat to ME seat

More people = better odds for your flush...you`re committing 3k regardless of his bet. I`d probably flat call then flat call his AI.

Hell, if you`re super tight fold but there`s no point calling pre-flop since this is your dream-flop basically. Noone is playing AdxD since it`s out I assume?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 PM

Not sure I agree with gravycakes. More people gives you better odds for the flush, but also greatly increases the odds that you're against a competing draw. Any player acting after you is going to be getting odds on a higher draw if you flat call, and will call themselves. Furthermore, anyone with a hand behind you will be raising (sounds like it'd be a shove by whoever is behind you, especially since it's the shortstack that made the initial bet). I'd prefer to push. You might lose some odds by someone acting behind you laying an A, but even then, they might still call. Pushing, on the other hand, will almost certainly get rid of competing draws, which will leave you isolated in a race against the shortie with plenty of dead money in the pot. Finally, you may even get fold equity from the shortstack (doesn't sound like it, but you didn't specify his chip count).
Old 06-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Shove:
You have no fold equity.
You want to push out other flush draws.
You want to iso MP if he has a flush draw because you want someone to fold Ax or Jx.
You also don't hate getting called by Ax or Jx with 14 outs twice in a 3-way all in pot.