Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Identifying, Caring About, Solving

Why do people worry so much about whether their representatives do the first two things regarding the country's problems but not about their ability to do the third? Sure the president has expert advisors. But they often disagree. And only highly intelligent people are fully capable of evaluating the arguments pro and con. Maybe even occasionally coming up with their own, creative, ingenious solution.

I've never actually thought of running for president since it seemed like an unnecessary detour on my way to becoming king of the world. But perhaps I'm being shortsighted. Should we have some fun?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Identifying, Caring About, Solving

Well, you're unelectable (and it's not even close [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). Your best shot is being an advisor to someone else who can get elected.

Most people vote for the person with the least negatives, or against the person with the most. Solving problems is a positive attribute, so it isn't given much weight by the masses.

Eventually the entire planet will become one government. It will probably take several hundred years. Unfortunately, you won't live long enough to be top dog. Better get Mat to groom his grandkids, to groom their grandkids, and so on, if you want a Sklansky in there.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:36 AM

wow how many skeletons would the opposing candidate need for sklansky to actually win?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:57 AM

What makes you believe they don't care about the efficacy of their reps?

I do, but at the same time realize there is no way to know your rep in any meaningful sense of the word. Certainly it would be prohibitively arduous to individually assess your rep in terms of intellect.

I used rep in every sentence!

Sklansky takes Nixon hands down

Cam
Old 03-08-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you believe they don't care about the efficacy of their reps?

I do, but at the same time realize there is no way to know your rep in any meaningful sense of the word. Certainly it would be prohibitively arduous to individually assess your rep in terms of intellect.

I used rep in every sentence!

Sklansky takes Nixon hands down

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]
one of the few saving graces of most of our reps is their inefficiency.

chez
Old 03-08-2007, 06:02 AM

If you ran for a seat in Congress, you might actually win.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people worry so much about whether their representatives do the first two things regarding the country's problems but not about their ability to do the third?

[/ QUOTE ]

A politician who identifies a problem and cares about it may find a solution for it or not, a politician who doesn't do this sort of homework will never find any solutions.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Most people vote for the person with the least negatives

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people don't vote, followed by people who vote for the party they are a member of (which is usually based upon their parents, religion, georgraphic location, and other random stuff) followed by people who vote because of charm/look/height, followed by people who look at the issues.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:42 AM

Default YOU\'RE ALREADY HAVING FUN!!!!

Why would you want to be diverted by world events?

Besides that, the job of the president for the next four year's is getting Iran to cease its nuclear weapon development and hunting down the terrorists and killing them. Screw items three and four. Do you really want to do this instead of playing poker?

You are totally unelectable anyway; that fling with the 16 year old will be brought up more than Hillary and the missing billing records. You're opponent would have to be a crackhead, thief, scam artist, young boy sexual predator to start out even.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But they often disagree. And only highly intelligent people are fully capable of evaluating the arguments pro and con. Maybe even occasionally coming up with their own, creative, ingenious solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, what would your solutions be on the subjects Irak, China, Israel, death penalty, abortion, globalization and of course online gambling?

Don't tell me you don't care about these problems [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]