Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Poker Pro from Kazakhstan needs legislation advice

My name is Sandro. I am a citizen of Kazakhstan. I am a poker pro. I owe 50 thousand dollars to Citibank. I took that loan while doing Master's in University of Pennsylvania in great country of America.

So, I didn't pay interest on the loan back for couple months (I have interest only period now). This was cauze of some poker variance. Now they are calling me saying that I am gonna default and I am gonna be transfered to collection agency.

I don't really care, because I am out of the US, have no collateral there, so what? They will never even find me:-).

Only thing I care is if I will be able to visit US, if I owe money to US private institution, am bankrupt or whatever is in your law, just don't pay it back for a while? The Citibank is very mean to me, man. I don't like them.

I am gonna repay down the road when I have that money, of course. I think that you should pay your debts back. However in my country they don't give a [censored] about that kind of stuff.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Poker Pro from Kazakhstan needs legislation advice

Well if you really are out of US, don't matter man, you can travel to the US all you want. People here don't pay bills all the time, all they can do is keep asking you to pay thats it, don't go to jail for it. Land of the free, home of the largest credit debt in the world [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-02-2006, 05:22 PM

Thank you, that's cool. I love America, man. I am gonna repay, but when I become really rich (in 5-10 years).

Great education I got for free by Muskie Scholarship that sends about 300 people from Soviet Union to America to study for free every year. That's democrat Senator - Edmund Muskie.

I love Democrats!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:23 PM

When Borat was here I taught him the phrase that you should tell them when they harass you and it is, "Go F yourself."
Old 12-02-2006, 05:58 PM

Youre a poker pro who cant pay his debts? Im sure you'll do very well.

Get real dude. Set up a payment schedule, you friggin mooch. Citibank is mean to you? You owe them $50K. WTF do you expect.

They dont care about this kind of thing in your country? Well there is one of many reasons why you have a 3rd world country.

No offense, but you disgust me.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:09 PM

I don't have money and I cannot pay the loan at this period of my life. Is the person that doesn't have money disgusting to you? OK, F YOU, THEN!!!!!

If not, what else is disgusting there, u materialist animal?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Youre a poker pro who cant pay his debts? Im sure you'll do very well.

Get real dude. Set up a payment schedule, you friggin mooch. Citibank is mean to you? You owe them $50K. WTF do you expect.

They dont care about this kind of thing in your country? Well there is one of many reasons why you have a 3rd world country.

No offense, but you disgust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF
Old 12-02-2006, 06:20 PM

I see you got out of Seattle quickly. Back to Kazakhstan?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:29 PM

Well, I am in Seattle still, but leaving soon:-). Want to go to Macau.

Citibank does not even talk to me, man. Only call center people. Do they give a [censored] about their customers? They have horrible customer service.

I would never have paid my money to them, but I like this country because it gave me free education. And if I don't pay, Citibank will receive the money from the government anyway, I guess.

This is the reason I will pay back, not to screw the government who gave me best education in the world for free.

Reciprocity is important.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:00 PM

Citibank wont get any money back from the government if you dont pay them. They will write it off as a loss which in the long run, costs the rest of us who pay our bills. We pay higher fees because of people like you.

If you dont have the $50K right now, set up a payment schedule like everyone else does. I doubt they expect you to pay the entire $50K at one time.

You just want to get out of paying the money back and you know it.

If you cant get a loan and then pay it back, you will never in your life make it as a poker pro. A pro poker player needs to have significantly more financial disclipline than just about any other profession and you obviously dont have it.

What stakes do you play?