Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: I saw the Pic Contest and didn\'t fold my KK,.... Now What???

i have absolutely no problem getting action on ftp...from any position.

About 4betting. I think its about how you play. I dont really have an opinion on it, but I do need to 4bet light on occasion, and not too mention, Ive had a few regs make very loose calls of 4 bets and then butcher the flop and so on when I htink they would have folded to a shove.

Im not really sure on the 4bet stuff, but for now my standard is pretty much 1.75 - 6.5+(depending on opponents and position) - 18+
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 AM

raising from UTG and no-one repecting you is a good thing. If you raise 4BB from UTG and get no action (as pokey says) next time raise whatever cards you're given. As you say people do give a lot of respect to UTG raises so do it more, steal more blinds and boost your winrate.
I've had Aces 68 times in this database and well over 20 of them have been stolen blinds. which does a lot for your winrate. I've actually got my best winrate per hand from UTG because i raise a lot of stuff from there and people have started giving me action for my big hands.
If you're getting too much action from there raising scs, low pairs, AQ and the like then tighten up. Adapt your raising from each position based on what people will let you get away with
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 AM

Why cant villian have 99/66 here? I would be shocked to see him without that kk/aa/qq here with 66 being the least likely. AQ is probably more likely then 66 but is the only hand I can fathom that is played this way.

UTG minraises are usually interpreted as weak suited connectors and pairs, and this type of player is probably reraising 88+ from the blinds. Even with your 4 bet villian has odds to call assuming you'll stack off.

I fold this everytime. I need a read here to call, not a read to fold.

raise to $2 UTG and this whole hand plays out easier.