Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Really simple/easy request for a script, one minutes work

Is the problem just that the notes gets truncated/deleted? To me it seems that the notes are only getting written when party is closed normally. I've been playing all morning and watching my notes.txt file and the timestamp hasn't changed. It's still from a couple days ago.

I would think we need a script that copies the player notes from windows memory to a notes backup file, so if the program crashes (or we have to kill the process we don't lose our notes).
Old 10-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Really simple/easy request for a script, one minutes work

Hmmm. I may have found a workaround for the issue where your notes either don't save and/or get deleted or truncated.

You sometimes get that weird memory error when PartyPoker is closing. However I've noticed you don't always get the error message when your notes still fail to save. You may also experience (as I do) the behavior where PartyPoker will relaunch itself after you close it, and log you in! Very weird. I think you'll also see two "Partygaming.exe" processes running at the same time for this scenario to occur. Maybe this is why you get the memory error and notes.txt issue.

At least, if I close PartyPoker, let it relaunch itself, and THEN record a note on a player; it actually will save the note when I exit the application. I've only tried this once and will try some more, but I'd appreciate if anyone else can confirm this or a similar workaround - as it's VERY frustrating to lose all notes that I've collected for an entire session.