Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Paying For Picks

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't expect an over 55% long-term record from anyone (including Fezzik or anyone for that matter).....unless some handicapper comes along who has access to a Time Machine and an almanac

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point RR. The vast majority of those who make money at sportsbetting long term don't do so because of their superior handicapping ability, they do so because of their superior ability to analyze the market and bet accordingly.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he really 118-61? Does that include a lot of favorites on big moneylines? That record is unconscious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe many of the games in that record were moneylines. I rarely see him post ML bets, and I subscribe to his FREE email list pick service.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 AM

Can I get some legit sports monitoring service links suppose that could be my next step
Old 12-06-2006, 11:47 AM

There are only a handful of services I'm aware of with a winning record against real (widely available) lines over a significant number of selections. Stanford Wong's Sharp Sports Betting, Scott Kellen's Sixth Sense, and Fezzik are the only ones off the top of my head. (Fezzik is currently giving his picks away for free but has charged in the past.)
Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 AM

You can get most of them for free online if you know where to look. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone here who doesn't read Fezzik's board, you should. There are some posters over there you can learn a lot from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:04 PM

Fezzik's Place

http://www.fezziksplace.com/
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reference Fezzik, where most of his followers can't get the lines he tracks at. He's legit in his picks, but there are a lot of people that follow Fezzik but are slower in grabbing the lines and shift from winners to losers just based on the line/vig moves. Its the reason I track my public picks against WA lines when I post the play, not necessarily against what I secured, if that's NLA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Fezzik's picks *are* graded at widely available lines.

I've bet as many of his plays this year as I could, and I don't recall ever being unable to find the quoted line when I was online at the release time. It's true that if you're not online when the play is released, the line may have moved before you see the play (particularly with regards to totals), but that's not something Fezzik can control and could be true of any handicapper.

Last week's plays were:

112 NMEXST -11.5 1 weight
120 SJST -4 1 weight
143/144 Colts/TITANS UNDER 47.5 2 weight
160 Giants +3.5 2 weight.

I only have a line history for Pinnacle, but Pinnacle's lines at the time he posted his picks (931am PST on the 30th) were:

NM ST -11.5 -108
SJ ST -4 -105
NYG +3.5 -106
IND/TEN un47.5 -105

Neither college play had budged an hour later. NYG bounced around a bit but was still -109 over an hour later. The only one of these which moved significantly on Pinnacle was IND/TEN, which was -109 4 minutes later and -113 6 minutes later, and stayed at high juice for a while until they moved it to 47. But, it was still not that hard to find 47.5 elsewhere even after the release time. I was on the beach without a cell phone signal when those plays were released and 45 minutes later when I was able to check, I still had plenty of books with 47.5 -110, and Bodog had 48 -115 even on the sharp line.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM

Just curious, but does Fezzik only do football plays? I noticed that his balance seemed to jump from day to day so got the impression he has plays everyday.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:44 PM

Fezzik's non-football picks are of average success, but I've only followed them for a little over a year.