Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:26 AM

Default KK, flop comes with an Ace, never know what to do here?

This hand is against a tough, yet exploitable TAG, 16/13 over 200 hands... Regardless of his tight image, I never know the correct move on this flop...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($24.65)
MP ($25.55)
CO ($6.30)
Button ($5)
SB ($9.20)
Hero ($31.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, MP calls $2.75.

Flop: ($7.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $12</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.35

Is my bet just way too weak or what do you guys do in this position...

Edited: realized I put the wrong stats for villian
Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: KK, flop comes with an Ace, never know what to do here?

If you're going to lead out at this pot, you have to bet more, ~5.50. 3.75 to me just screams feeler bet with a lower PP. Obviously fold to his raise.

Like you, I never know exactly what to do in this situation. I usually end up betting and folding to a raise (which usually ends up being AK or AQ)
Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 AM

I think I call and C/RAI turn. 17/16 probably isn't flatcalling AK a lot, and even if he did, I've never seen any TAG on Stars raise AK in this spot.

Edit: Didn't read stacks right. It's still call down or shove though.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Yeah, I hate this spot too. Don't bet so small on flop unless that is standard size, looks weak and invites raises. The only problem with checking is kind of says "Hi, I have Kings. Plz don't bet." On this board in 3bet pot I expect him to bet anything if you check. So, I'm inclined to bet more on flop and fold to raise. MAYBE c/f instead.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 AM

I'd b/f. Like vixicator said, checking basically makes your hand face up and begs for a cheap showdown.

And CRAI the turn?? Wtf?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 AM

I just b/f in these spots. Bet more on flop. But i think c/c then folding to a turn bet is a good line also against smart villains that know when to take a stab but also when to fold - if turn gets checked through bet river for value/fold to a raise.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I hate this spot too. Don't bet so small on flop unless that is standard size, looks weak and invites raises. The only problem with checking is kind of says "Hi, I have Kings. Plz don't bet." On this board in 3bet pot I expect him to bet anything if you check. So, I'm inclined to bet more on flop and fold to raise. MAYBE c/f instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

inducing bluffs is a good thing; if villain will always bet if we check, then we should check here almost everytime. if he wants to turn TT-QQ into a bluff that is good for us