Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Dealing with bad players

If u run hot the moment u play that kind of players they are easy to beat. But in times when I get no hands and hit nothing I have the most trouble with this kind of players who bet always en call often. That usually the point I start to tilt lol.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waxhax0rs K9o vs random = nuts (57,8% equity)

Altought I think it depends on the blind-to-stack ratio.
If the blinds are too big that folding 5 or 6 hands in a row will leave you in bad shape, then I'll happily call. Obv if villain is allin every hand from the start I have plenty of time to wait for a big hand. The problem with that is villain (if he isn't retard or a robot) will sooner realize you are waiting for a good hand + his stack is not growing enough/your is not shrinking quickly enough. With that in mind I think that depending on my mood I can probably call with K9o in the 4th shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you're right, like I said I would just shave the bottom few hands off. K9o is fine in that case.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:30 AM

Thanks all, useful. Been trying to selectively apply a little bit more pressure to players 1) and 2).

As long as I can keep calm then I seem to do just fine. The danger is I get so frustated I start overbetting on middle pair / mediocre starting hands and then it all goes down hill
Old 11-21-2007, 11:48 AM

There is an optimal mathematical solution to part 3 if we assume that villain will shove with any two cards repeatedly. However, to find the exact optimal solution can be rather tedious but luckily there are approximation techniques that gives out accurate answers which depends on your effective stack .

In theory , you should gradually open up your calling requirements with each passing hand . This makes sense since you lose the blinds (either sb or bb) every time you fold . On the very first hand , you should be calling with ~ the top 13% of hands which gives you a win-rate of ~ 65% against this player type .
Old 11-21-2007, 04:22 PM

Gah, just finished another incredibly frustrating SNG.

This opponent would min bet at every street, including before the flop on all hands and in any position. They would occasionally bet larger at the river if they had something big.

I restricted my range preflop and repoped with something good. This meant I probably lost 40-50% of my blinds without a fight.

Then basically if I had a pair I'd try and put pressure on but even this didn't seem to work out that well. As soon as I bet he'd fold if he had nothing or overbet massively if he had something.

I know this opponent should be easy to beat, but I lost, and it drives me crazy.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 AM

i cant fold to minraises preflop. u are hardly ever worse than a 2-3:1 dog and are getting great odds on the call.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:21 AM

True but you're out of position and your opponent has the betting lead. Tough to overcome unless you make the correct postflop decisions 100% of the time or if the hand gets checked down every time.