Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-28-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly for you Felix, people like you will always lose in the long run. You're bound to.

[/ QUOTE ]
History says otherwise....
My methodology is tried and proven. The history of mankind tells me this. Your wishful thinking is worth nothing.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Words Have Meaning....

Felix, please see my last post and edit. I conceeded that ethnic cleansing can lead to a lasting peace at the expense of being evil.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Building democracy in the Arab world is probably not acheived by letting Israel be left defenseless, as it is surruounded by less than friendly neighbors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never understood what the deal is with everyone feeling the need to "help" Israel. Israel has one of the most highly trained fighting forces in the world. I have no doubt that an Israeli Spec Ops squad would be one of the few groups in the world who would be victorious in a fight against elite SEALs, or a Blackwater security team.

Israel doesn't need our help to defend themselves. They may be small, but I have little doubt they could level the middle east if they felt they needed to, without US assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why Israel is so strong militarily is strongly related to the military and economic help it receives from the US.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Victory = Peace

[ QUOTE ]
It is precisely such attitudes--on both sides--that has led to the present mess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Prolonged stalemates have led us to this mess...
Victory leads to peace.

Sometimes a long bloody stalemate can lead to peace as in the Iraq-Iran War. But in this war, exhaustion led to peace. In the Israeli-Arab conflict, neither side has engage in an allout war which would eventually lead to peace. What we have had is a low level conflict where neither side has sufferred enough pain to want a genuine peace. Israel needs to take off the gloves....
Old 11-28-2007, 10:31 AM

My memory is failing me on this subject...
I remember there was some diplomatic related accord that Egypt had welched on. The wiki article on the Camp David accords is not helpful because it only refers to both sides "generally" abiding by the agreement without going into specifics of violations. I'll do my homework when I have more time....
Old 11-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Words Have Meaning....

Oh....sorry.
My bad...
Old 11-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Death to Brussel Sprouts!

[ QUOTE ]
He's a 40-something, hick, ex-military, from the midwest who was brainwashed into become a zionist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn it! I'm a Texan fool!
As for Zionist, I am not a Zionist. I despise the Arab culture so rooting for Israel is totally congruent with my belief system. It is like the man who became a vegetarian not because he loved animals, it was because he despised plants. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I also despise the Philadelphia Eagles and I always root for the other team to beat them. Go Cowboys!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 AM

Default A Jimmy Carter Peace.....

[ QUOTE ]
Is it safe to assume that this war they will be fighting will be funded by the US?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well thanks to that uber-nitwit Jimmy Carter, the USA is bound by treaty to pay annual bribes to both Egypt and Israel. But it gets worse, because of that nitwit Jimmy Carter, the USA sells M1A1 tanks to Eqypt, as well as F16 and Apache helicopters. I'm sure the first thing the Gypos did was sell the military secrets of this equipment to the USSR.

But I disgress.... The amount of money the USA gives to Israel is not enough to fund a full-blown war. But in my peace plan, Israel will complete my peace plan in about 90 days so it won't cost too much in the long run.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: A Jimmy Carter Peace.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it safe to assume that this war they will be fighting will be funded by the US?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well thanks to that uber-nitwit Jimmy Carter, the USA is bound by treaty to pay annual bribes to both Egypt and Israel. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Any President can opt out of treaty at the stroke of a pen. No wait. They don't even need to use a pen.

But nice try blaming a Democrat from 28 years ago for our current foreign aid program.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Israel has 250 nukes, and if pressed, will use them without U.S. ok.

Putin, while visiting Iran, stated in a speech that the U.S. needs to back off from their aggression towards Iran.

Israeli Prez flies to Russia the day after Putin returns home. You see Israel is not going to stand by and let a country, led by a leader who has swore to destroy Israel obtain nukes.

The mess in the Middle East is heating up big time, and this conference and all that Condi is doing is for the sake of cooling things down until Bush can get out of office so he doesn't have to take responsibility for a major war in the area.

So, if these stupid talks delay things, great. I'd rather go a few more years without a major conflict.

If we get really lucky and a miracle strikes, we may avoid a major confrontation.

It's not likely, however, as we has so many ignorant voters. I know 3 women over 50 yrs old, who are voting for Hillary, only because they like her husband. They have no idea where she stands on the issues. But when they talk about Bill, their faces light up.

Ignorant Americans will be our downfall.