Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do I do?
Call her and get the T-Shirt back before her psychopath ex finds it and kills my family and friends 17 16.35%
Forget it and order another one 7 6.73%
Order a Tuff_Fish T to replace 29 27.88%
You are full of shit, anyone that orders (or wears) a T-shirt like that doesn't get any play 51 49.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Official May Thread: General [censored] Thread

I honestly cannot believe this hand happened.

Live 1/3 NL at a club in Chicago. Went to play 10/20 mixed game and it wasn't running. Game was, um, quite good.

Eff. stack is like 350. Guy raises to $10 UTG, CO calls, I call on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Check, check, I bet $20, call, call. Turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Check check check. River is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . UTG bets $75, CO calls, I shove.

UTG starts agonizing. He shows everyone around him, but doesn't show me to get a reaction. "I can't believe I'm gonna fold this." Yeah, whatever buddy, badly played overpair/7/whatever no good. Call please. He thinks for three, four minutes. The whole time I'm doing everything I can to induce a call, trying to act the same way I did when bluffing in an earlier pot. I suck at live stuff like that though. He asks if I'll show. I say "I'll show if I'm bluffing." (I'm not sure what I think about this as a tell/reverse tell whatever). Etc. Etc.

Finally he folds (the other guy folds too) and keeps asking to see the hand. The whole table wants me to show. So I show. Blah blah, whatever, see I had it.

Ok. Scroll down.

Further

Wait for it.

He folded the nut flush. AQ spades. He actually never showed me but four people near him or behind the table (and the look on his face when I showed my hand) confirmed it.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 AM

And that, boys and girls, is how one merges a range.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 AM

So sick, 9 winning days out of 9 days in May so far. On pace for my best month ever. Let us gogogogo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 04:36 AM

LearnedfromTV,

hahaha wish I was there, nh!!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:41 AM

1/3 NL lol. easiest game everrrr. surprised you met that big of a nit though [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 04:51 AM

sklansky bux are worthless

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $300.65
BB: $400.00
UTG: $1,797.60
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $1,435.40</font>
BTN: $398.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $40</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $92</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $350</font>, UTG calls $258

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($706) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($706) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $296</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $1085.40</font>, UTG calls $789.40

<font color="black">River:</font> ($2876.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $2,876.80 ($3 Rake)

UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$1,438.40)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$1,435.40)
Old 05-10-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sklansky bux are worthless

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $300.65
BB: $400.00
UTG: $1,797.60
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $1,435.40</font>
BTN: $398.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $40</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $92</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $350</font>, UTG calls $258

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($706) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($706) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $296</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $1085.40</font>, UTG calls $789.40

<font color="black">River:</font> ($2876.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $2,876.80 ($3 Rake)

UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$1,438.40)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$1,435.40)

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats really gross.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 AM

10 days far in may and i m down 5 buyins. zzz
may sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10 days far in may and i m down 5 buyins. zzz
may sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

be glad its only 5
Old 05-10-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/3 NL lol. easiest game everrrr. surprised you met that big of a nit though [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After the hand he actually said. "When I can't figure out where I am, I just fold."

I won $1100 in four hours. Should have been more, I [censored] up bet sizing a couple times. I got the straddle going so it was 1/3/6 most of the time. Apparently they get 2/5 1000 max sometimes on the weekends; I've only played the mixed game before.
Closed Thread