Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: River semi-bluff (yes, river) vs. Heisenb3rg

RZK, the reason these exploitable folds can be made,
is my range isnt very strong compared to his on this river and very few opponents are capable of bluffing the river with one pair to fold out top pair.

Since the worst hands in my range are top pair right now
and the worst hands in his range is bottom pair, all of those factors must be true..

It's just not something people do, so I thought an exploitable fold was correct in this situation.

Ive also debated in many threads about optimality with ILP... it'll go no where [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My opinion is that we should play as to exploit the opponent to the best of our abilitites.
If we are unsure of what our opponents are capable of, or if they may be better than us, we should strive to play as optimal as possible.

I also think its very important to be aware of the "optimal play" in most situations, because it gives you a starting point to figure out how much you wish to deviate, in order to exploit your opponnent.. How much you should deviate from the optimal strategy can be derived from how much they deviate from the optimal strategy.