Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 PM

Default 10/20 - Is this good?

Villan is cheettt, a 5/10 regular who I have at 19/16/3.2 but for this session I have him playing 22/18/4 (over 100 hands so far). Villan has been raising and taken down a good number of pots pf so far but nothing too crazy.

He probably views me as playing 22/18/3.6 but for this session I'm playing much more laggier so far, 37/31/5.6.

Full Tilt Poker, $10/$20 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $2,250
kchang3 (UTG): $370
Im2Fast (CO): $2,859.50
dwballz (BTN): $2,076
cheettt (SB): $1,930

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">cheettt raises to $60</font>, Hero calls $40

Flop: ($120) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">cheettt bets $100</font>, Hero calls $100

Turn: ($320) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">cheettt bets $270</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1,200</font>

Villan is quite capable of firing 2-barrels so air is definitely in his range here. My thoughts are is if he has a draw it would be better to evaluate turn and give him poor odds now becuase on flop he would probably shove over if I raised and I'm in a bad spot. IF he has me beat then I'm turning my hand into a bluff now and I think there's good chance he folds AT, JJ maybe QQ.

Thoughts?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: 10/20 - Is this good?

no
Old 10-06-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no

[/ QUOTE ]

are you still in the process of writing an explanation or what
Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 AM

I just call again. You're putting yourself in a vulnerable spot, in the sense that, if he shoved over we're getting good odds on a call despite being certainly beat; unless he's getting flirty with a hand like 87s.

I think I prefer calling and folding to another strong river bet. I doubt he'd 3 barrel, even with a missed draw, in a blind war unless he had the goods.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call again. You're putting yourself in a vulnerable spot, in the sense that, if he shoved over we're getting good odds on a call despite being certainly beat; unless he's getting flirty with a hand like 87s.

I think I prefer calling and folding to another strong river bet. I doubt he'd 3 barrel, even with a missed draw, in a blind war unless he had the goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero calls the turn with the intention of folding to a river bet, isn't he risking getting 3-barrelled because Hero looks like he might be on a draw?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 AM

With lots of history moves like these could really work. People expect you to call down Tx hands. So with this turn raise you are basically repping 66 or 33 because you would've 3bet TT probably. Maybe also something like A6s for the combodraw. So he will put you on a bluff a majority of the time and will therefore stack off lighter.

I'm not sure if you guys have enough history and if villain is capable of this thinking process or capable of stacking off light on this turn. This could definitely work against thinking players imo.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero calls the turn with the intention of folding to a river bet, isn't he risking getting 3-barrelled because Hero looks like he might be on a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all a game context thing, it depends what frame of mind you think he's on, how he would percieve you.

Most tag v tags dont assume draws, because tags raise the flop with draws.