FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

While I support the opt out suggestion I don't see how that is different from just giving everyone a bonus?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I support the opt out suggestion I don't see how that is different from just giving everyone a bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest idea (from Scottyy) was a drawing instead of the bonus.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it's very close. The advantage or a drawing is from Stars perspective- 1) they can budget a fixed amount of $s to the giveaway drawing, 2) Stars MAY perceive some marketing advantage to fewer people getting a big $ payout vs everyone the same small one, I don't know.

I wouldn't be against the idea of an opt-out for a cash bonus, but Stars would not be able to budget/project cost of this promo (e.g., if 80% of people chose cash OR # of SuperNovas doubled, etc.)
Old 10-12-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest idea (from Scottyy) was a drawing instead of the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also I don't know if Scottyy was thinking it would be up to the player to choose. I would guess most SuperNovas would prefer a CHOICE of freeroll vs drawing vs. just a) freerolls as is or b) no more freerolls for you, drawing now instead.

I can't see anyone being disappointed if in 2008 they are offered a choice to keep what they had or pick a free shot at $s through a drawing instead (provided of course the EV is still comparable to last year).
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM

The drawing is fine. I like that idea of the draws but I thought Newguy was still talking about freerolls.

With freerolls and an optout the budget would be easy Every SN gets X and the prize pool of the freeroll would be X * number of SNs that did not opt out.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The drawing is fine. I like that idea of the draws but I thought Newguy was still talking about freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Newguy was suggesting that you would have a choice between the freeroll and the drawing.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM

not poo-poo'ing the latest idea here because I think it has merit.
But I just can't help but laugh at how ridiculous this is all getting.

It's starting to all run together and kind of looking like:
"What if we do a drawing to get an entry into a weekly triple-shootout with the winners being randomly chosen to play every 3rd Saturday except for the Europeans who would play on Wednesdays and then the plat's could qualify if they earn exactly 6,333 points 2 months prior to the event OR 8,777 pts 3 months prior but if they earn 8,778 points then they qualify for the special quadruple-shootout to gain an entry to the triple-shootout at which point all the SN's who don't like tournaments anyway get to enter a drawing to see who will get all their FPP's converted into Mexican Pesos while wearing a lampshade on their head in front of a nationally televised audience."
Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Newguy was suggesting that you would have a choice between the freeroll and the drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is fine. I'd support that. The freeroll prize pool would then be the value per SN * number of SN who did not opt out.

PS: I never would have guessed you were 29. I thought you were older.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at which point all the SN's who don't like tournaments anyway get to enter a drawing to see who will get all their FPP's converted into Mexican Pesos while wearing a lampshade on their head in front of a nationally televised audience."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is by far the best idea yet.

Might be a little hard to get a tv contract for the nationally televised audience. But I certainly support the lampshade on the head.

BTW, what is the conversion rate on pesos these days?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not poo-poo'ing the latest idea here because I think it has merit.
But I just can't help but laugh at how ridiculous this is all getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The freeroll prize pool would then be the value per SN * number of SN who did not opt out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, it's definitely ridiculous. We're closing in on 500 posts about this blah blah blah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm proposing something ultra-simple:
Leave the program exactly as is with ONE change: anyone who doesn't register for the weekly freeroll is automatically entered into a weekly drawing as a consolation prize / form of cash bonus.

In other words, SuperNovas can choose 1 of these 2 options each week:

Option 1) Do nothing, and you are part of a SuperNova weekly drawing (with a prize pool of a fixed amount, perhaps $25k at first)

OR

Option 2) Register in $50k SuperNova weekly freeroll

People would be able to trade off their time vs EV every week.