Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Did I overcount my outs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As it turned out, the player did flop a flush, which I left out of the original post, but if you're going to dismiss my ability to read hands at the table, I feel compelled to bring it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are beeing results oriented. Of course sometimes he will have a flush there, but a lot of times someone will be scaring you off with a worse hand than yours and you will be losing value.

[/ QUOTE ]

To an extent, yes, but I did call it down even at the river bet. (I didn't show that in the original post, because I thought it wasn't relevant.)

To be honest, this was in the middle of a bad night, and my guess of my op flopping the flush was in part due to the pessimism about some of the online poker hands. It gets exasperating flopping top pair with your AK and spewing until you realize your op flopped an AA333 full house.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:49 AM

I think that often villian will play AKo this way when he holds the A of the suit. Villian could also have a lower set or two pair. You also don't seem to fully understand how pot equity applies in this situation. Although in this case raising would have lost you money - if you play every situation like this the same you will make money over time. Re-reraise the flop - don't go into call down mode hoping to spike a pair. Asw strong as your hand is there are other people drawing to hands that might beat your set and expensive second best hands. Please charge them.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:12 AM

3-bet pre-flop. Cap the flop.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Table is loose, a few are aggressive.
Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, to put this in hand reading terms, there are simply loads of hands LAGs will bet, cold call and reraise that are behind you here. Even a 5 and a 1 card 4-flush could be a re-raise if they're very LAGgy. All you're afraid of here is KK and the made flush. No evidence of KK pre-flop, so I don't think fear of the flush is enough to go into call down mode.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 AM

There is no excuse for not 3betting PF. You are raising for value. The rationale you gave doesn't make sense.

And I would not assume that you are up against a flush on the flop just because you got 3bet. While it is possible, you could up against a K or somebody with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I would cap the flop and call down from the turn if he still leads out. There is no question about whether to fold the river or not, don't. You win this hand a large percentage of the time.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please open-fold TT from the SB for the clear win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I love Jerry:

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot: .75 BB

I figured it was only 9 handed, so BB had position on me and was going to push me off it, anyway, when the flop came AKQ monotone. I figured I'd save myself the trouble.

(Do you know how long I had to play before I finally got it folded to me with TT in the SB?!)
Old 03-17-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I figured it was only 9 handed, so BB had position on me and was going to push me off it, anyway, when the flop came AKQ monotone. I figured I'd save myself the trouble.

(Do you know how long I had to play before I finally got it folded to me with TT in the SB?!)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])))))))
Old 03-17-2006, 12:08 PM

Preflop: You hate money if you don't 3 bet here.

Table is loose and aggressive right. Cap the flop. You can slow down and just call down if he leads the turn. Folding the river would be a pretty giant mistake IMO.

I think this has already been said but you have a very strong hand here, sure this guy might have a flush, but he could also just have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], AK, two pair, or a set. Looking for folds in these spots is not the way to go.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please open-fold TT from the SB for the clear win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I love Jerry:

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot: .75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

that was serious?? hahahhahahahaha
Old 03-17-2006, 12:12 PM

This is funnier than this.

If this is real you are my freakin Hero!!!!!!!!!1