Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Default rutgers at louisville thursday night ncaa

a glance at the results for both teams reminds me that neither program has had a good season. both have losses to south florida, west virginia and connecticut. rugters beat unimpressive pittsburgh 20-16 at home last week, lousville beat them 24-17 in late october. last week lousville was blown out by south florida, but only out-gained 481-403. south florida had no trouble running the ball, so rutgers' potent attack should have no problem either, right?

some mixed signals with this game, but rutgers has been a spread winner many times the last couple years in weekday primetime football. solid defense and a solid coach. +3 was available very briefly sunday at pinnacle then disappeared - right now you could get +3 -117 there, so with a little line shopping, rutgers looks like a play. not sure where this line will go before kickoff, it might inch up to +3 +100 at your squarest of square books, but i wouldn't be surprised if this thing crashes to -2 either... i found +3 -110 and played it now up to +3.5 -120.

the total is set at 60, no idea what to do with that one. forecast says it will be a cold, clear night.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: rutgers at louisville thursday night ncaa

I agree with the RU pick at +3. I think this will stay relatively close until RU establishes the run somewhere mid-game. I may play it at +2.5 as well, but will definitely be on a good 3 later in the day.

For the total, I lean slightly under but do not plan on playing it.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: rutgers at louisville thursday night ncaa

Rutgers beat South Florida, FWIW, while Louisville got crushed by USF. On the other hand, Rutgers lost to WV by 30 points or so and Louisville kept it close against WV to the end. I like Rutgers at +3.5, props to you for getting them there, but this game looks too iffy to bet either side with much confidence.