Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: $33: Time for a stop n go?

If the villian had C-bet, for him to fold your all-in CR would be ridiculous with any reasonable holding. Theres not enough chips here to pull that... heck, even this stopngo is on the edge here, but definitely a play worth making.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Should have clarified: Pushing the hand before is not close. Stop and Go seems reasonable.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:56 PM

If I was the Button I'd be raising a pretty wide range there, and it would tough to call 1100 with a whiff.

NH.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't post the flop when asking about stop and go's though. The decision is made before the cards fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell kind of advice is this? i think examining the flop first before attempting a stop n' go is better than just deciding on what to do and hoping for the best that he didn't hit his hand. i'm not saying your advice is wrong 100% of the time, but it is wrong in this hand.

as to what i would do... either push preflop or fold. depends on the read, but i think pushing is safe since you still have some FE, you are the short stack by alot, and your hand could easily be best here.

on the flop, no i wouldnt push because there are two high cards. you normally don't want to attempt a stop n' go if there is more than one high card on the flop, your push will get called by many hands/draws, and you barely got a peice of that flop.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't post the flop when asking about stop and go's though. The decision is made before the cards fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell kind of advice is this? i think examining the flop first before attempting a stop n' go is better than just deciding on what to do and hoping for the best that he didn't hit his hand. i'm not saying your advice is wrong 100% of the time, but it is wrong in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then it's not a stopngo. A stopngo is defined as an alternative to pushing preflop with a reasonable hand and a stack that might not have much FE preflop, but will probably have some postflop. Since you can not call the raise without committing yourself, given your stack, then the stop n go is a move that is not dependent upon the flop. You're on a short stack, you've found a hand good enough to go with, and you can't afford ever folding in the pot if you're calling the initial raise. You are pushing every flop (The only exception being if you flop huge and want to trap). If you're not, then you're not pulling a stop n go. You're pulling a "Call a raise look at a flop and make a decision". If you want to give that move a shorter, more user-friendly name that's fine with me. Call it the b33?

"is this a good spot for a b33?"
Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, you are wrong.

Raymer has a great thread about stop and gos but I can't find the link right now.

You use a stop and go when you would like to push PF but your hand is not that strong and you feel you will gain FE on the flop. You need to be acting first post-flop and MUST FOLLOW THROUGH REGARDLESS OF WHAT CARDS COME ON THE FLOP.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:02 PM

With all due respect, you're dead wrong. Do you still push if the flop comes 444?

Ignoring information is a great way to give away money.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 PM

This thread is uber retarded...

Yugoslav
Old 03-23-2006, 09:07 PM

Illegit added this:

(The only exception being if you flop huge and want to trap)

Barring that, I am right. Bottom line is that if you are truly pulling a stop and go, you have decided to call PF with the knowledge taht all your chips are getting in the pot post-flop one way or another.

Abandoning a stop and go is a great way to give a way money because calling PF is otherwise wrong.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is uber retarded...

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think the criteria and proper execution of a stop and go is not self-evident.