Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Donk bet into. What would/could you do in this spot.? 25nl

I like donk bets because they are basically giving you a donation without you asking for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Knowing that 95% of weak donk bets will fold to a raise- has anyone tried just calling this and hoping they bet on the turn? It's risky since they could catch up
Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Kurto,

I wholeheartly agree that is a terrible river bet.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I get donk bet into I will raise the bet 99% of the time, unless it's a pot sized bet or close to it. Then I typically just fold or call depending on my hand. Whatever he does I make a note (dbf = folds when he donk bets and is raised, dbc = calls when he donk bets and is raised). I got that from traz I think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Food for thought - I donkbet 1/2 pot with monsters into aggressive players all the time fishing for a raise. (I find its more profitable then a CR or a straight bet.) I also see many LAG/Maniac types lead weak with monsters.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I get donk bet into I will raise the bet 99% of the time, unless it's a pot sized bet or close to it. Then I typically just fold or call depending on my hand. Whatever he does I make a note (dbf = folds when he donk bets and is raised, dbc = calls when he donk bets and is raised). I got that from traz I think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Food for thought - I donkbet 1/2 pot with monsters into aggressive players all the time fishing for a raise. (I find its more profitable then a CR or a straight bet.) I also see many LAG/Maniac types lead weak with monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will work, but only once if the player is any good at all. Well, it would only work once against me, since I always take a note after this play.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This will work, but only once if the player is any good at all. Well, it would only work once against me, since I always take a note after this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a player is any good, then I'm usually avoiding them anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I play on FTP and datamine 15 tables or so before I sit. If I can't get position on some dude with stats like 56/25/2 or a table full of 40/4/0.... then I'm not looking hard enough.

And- I do mix it up a little. Especially against the few times I'm in a hand against someone I think knows what they're doing. I'm definitely donk leading into over aggressive lags. Against a good player, I'm less likely to donk lead. Don't you think a donk bet by a TAG is much more likely to be a monster then if you're donkbet by some maniac? So, if I think you're the type to raise a weak bet, I'll do it once or twice. The time after that, I may CR or lead a PSB.

But again... usually I'm sitting at tables with maximum LAGS/MANIAC and Super Loose Passive Aggressives (60/3/5 types).
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM

Thanx for the input. Very helpful
Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 PM

Street by street, I think the way you played this entire hand was wrong. But instead of leaving it at that, lets break it down a little for you.

Preflop, raise to 4xbb instead of 3xbb, it'll get you folds a lot more and when you're on the button with a not so great hand, that's deffinatly what you want.

If he still calls and donks into you on this flop with such a small bet, you have 2 options, fold or raise, calling here is a terrible idea. As sometimes against a tighter player it wouldn't be so bad, but somebody who has a 40+ vpip isn't going to be folding to a float + a turn bet very frequently. So if you think he's weak/good enough to fold on the flop, raise it up, if not, just fold.

If he calls your flop raise, shut down from there, no need to bet the turn or the river unless you hit your gutshot, or a backdoor flush, so after he calls your flop bet, if he checks to you on the turn, take the free card and hope to suck out.

Your line of calling the flop, betting the turn and betting so very weak on the river is just donating money to a player who i'm sure you're better than.