FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: show the four?
show 428 81.37%
don't show 98 18.63%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL AUGUST [EMO] THREAD PART 2 ***

I like to think I am a nice reasonable guy. It's part of my religious and moral beliefs and I find it pretty insulting/misunderstood to construe this is hatred or w/e. I've never bashed Kolo about it (in a serious way) and never brought up my beliefs in a particularly negative or hateful way. I have a couple of gay friends and respect for gay people in general, I just don't condone their actions.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:55 AM

So I've talked to this girl (Claire) that I hung out with in the city on Saturday for like 5 hours combined on the phone the last couple of nights. She told me about a dream where we made out, and said she'd been craving physical affection. She's also told me how much she's excited about Friday, when she's coming to visit me at college.

She's also said she dislikes facial hair, but that I'm one of the few people it doesn't look terrible on. I have a full (well-groomed) beard. Do I shave it all off for Friday? Or is this being too whipped for a girl I've only kissed once (or should I say been kissed by) at a drunken party.

I really like this girl, she's fkn awesome:

* very cute
* hilariously funny
* bubbly/energetic
* atheist
* intelligent
* dislikes the general population
* esp. fat people

I've never found a girl I have this much in common with...so do I shave?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Super hudge brag: Just bought a ticket for Brand New + Thrice Nov. 2!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

solid
Old 08-22-2007, 01:05 AM

gay bands.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gay bands.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 AM

Cueball man in my experience , smart outgoing girls with a good sense of humor don't have the hots for wussies (not saying you are one) She will put 2 and 2 together and will know you shaved because she said she didnt "like" facial hair. If you want to have a physical relationship with her you shouldnt start trying to attract her by jumping through hoops and for most girls/women this is a huge turnoff.

It sounds to me like she already is attracted to you but what do i know ? maybe she just really doesnt like facial hair and if you do shave she will loosen up for you.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 AM

hmm maybe i should rethink my language now that kolo has changed his ways. does the word gay offend you kolo?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to think I am a nice reasonable guy. It's part of my religious and moral beliefs and I find it pretty insulting/misunderstood to construe this is hatred or w/e. I've never bashed Kolo about it (in a serious way) and never brought up my beliefs in a particularly negative or hateful way. I have a couple of gay friends and respect for gay people in general, I just don't condone their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, hate may be a strong word. Never seen you say anything real mean or whatever on the topic.

Many religions would characterize gays as perverse and defilers or the human body, believe homosexuals are bound for eternal suffering in hell, and would never allow an open homosexual to be a meaningful part of the church. This is kinda hateful to me. I have no idea of your religous beliefs or whatever, but if your religious views cause you to be against homosexuality, I would assume they are not founded in acceptance and love, shrug.

Also, talking about condoning their actions is lol. Like it's some bothersome little habit they choose to do, and you are big enough to tolerate it.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gay orange.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: on a related note how old do you have to be where it becomes unacceptable to see those bands live? i'd say like 24.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked like you were coming on pretty strong with your comments Jay, whether you meant to or not.

As for the personal beliefs, it's your prerogative to think however you want....but as much as we joke about the whole ghey thing, it's pretty much not a choice.

One of my best friends whom I had known since we were about 9, came out when he was 20. We all pretty well had an idea, but it was still pretty weird to have it out there. Anyways, one our buddies had a problem with it, claimed that it was a choice.

My friend had a pretty simple response, "If this was a choice, why I would I choose to be ridiculed and persecuted?? It is the way that I am and people are going to have to deal."
Closed Thread