Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:55 PM
 is offline

Default A9s, going for overcall.

is going for the overcall the right play here on all streets?

first hand at the table, so no reads no stats.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

i'm thinking turn and river are standard, but what about flop? do you raise , hoping to clean some outs? is the small size of the pot worth it?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: A9s, going for overcall.

Turn is an easy raise, imho. Do you realize how much equity you have in this pot? Having not raised the turn, I'd probably still raise that river - at least I wish I would be brave enough to do it.

Actually, raising the river is probably better Jx will probably call too... But not raising anywhere is criminal, imho.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 PM

That turn is a raise, collect money when you can.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:12 PM

I'd raise this preflop and make it a completely different hand. Postflop I don't think is bad at all, and I wouldn't mind a turn raise either. Having called the turn I would definitely just call the river. I think the flop is very standard.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:28 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the flop might be the most correct place to just call, but I'm not even sure if thats correct. The pot is small so raising here might not be necessary to buy out.

But you should definately raise the turn. You just improved to TPMK and you have a flush draw. You are likely ahead, but if someone has a stronger ace you have a million outs. Raise raise raise.

If you raise I'm guessing he doesn't donk the river, so just bet again. If he donks, then I guess you call down.