Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Heroes - 11/26 - A whole bunch of stuff going on

Oh, look. Micah is in another 100% pointless plot line. Whodathunkit?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Heroes is suffering from a problem Lost also suffers from- only bad guys are competent. The Others were omnipotent, had supernatural powers, and operated like a military commando unit before they were made sympathetic to viewers. Now they're a bunch of bumbling schoolgirls and can't do anything right. The Company were these bad ass agents who used their powers to help themselves and now they're short-sighted idiots bickering amongst each other. Once a character turns good they lose all sense of good judgment.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't it? He can't regen a head and brain damage slows/stop the healing. No brain should end the healing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he survive that huge explosion then? how did he defeat those armies of soldiers? it seems if he could die from something as reasonably easy as a gunshot to the head, he wouldn't have made it 400 years.

also, why hasn't the company killed him? i'm still hoping the company intentionally let him escape with Peter, so I guess that would also explain why they didn't kill him.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cute.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't it? He can't regen a head and brain damage slows/stop the healing. No brain should end the healing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he survive that huge explosion then? how did he defeat those armies of soldiers? it seems if he could die from something as reasonably easy as a gunshot to the head, he wouldn't have made it 400 years.

also, why hasn't the company killed him? i'm still hoping the company intentionally let him escape with Peter, so I guess that would also explain why they didn't kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ted went nuclear he was never injured. Thus, it is not his healing power that saved him at all. Furthermore, I think that head wounds just slow healing or something. Maybe if they completely removed the head they would not regen, but I think that as long as head is still connected to body (Brain to spine) they can somehow heal. The reason claire couldn't heal was the stick had severed her brain from her spine, once it was removed she heals. Then again, I think we analyze the powers more than the writers ever have, so I think there is no real right answer, just whatever they decide.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ted went nuclear he was never injured. Thus, it is not his healing power that saved him at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
The discussion was of Adam's survival of Whitebeard's ammunition exploding. Adam only has healing power.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only one self-healer (Future Claire #1) has died and we can assume her brain was taken/eaten/or something.

Maybe you need to remove the head/brain, maybe a gunshot would do it, maybe you need a shotgun/cannon to gooify the brain.

Well, as one poster said the good guys are morons. Since Adam's evil, anyone holding him is good and therefore kind of dumb.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ted went nuclear he was never injured. Thus, it is not his healing power that saved him at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
The discussion was of Adam's survival of Whitebeard's ammunition exploding. Adam only has healing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't peter's self explosion at the end of Season 1 severe the head/destroy brain etc. thus rendering him dead? Also had some flashbacks of Highlander watching Hiro charge an immortal-like Peter with a sword, anyone else?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't peter's self explosion at the end of Season 1 severe the head/destroy brain etc. thus rendering him dead? Also had some flashbacks of Highlander watching Hiro charge an immortal-like Peter with a sword, anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't explode. As just mentioned with Ted. The explosion is around him leaving him unharmed.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 PM

In Hercules just severing the head was not enough.
It would grow back.

[ QUOTE ]
The details of the confrontation are explicit in Apollodorus (2.5.2): realising that he could not defeat the Hydra in this way, Hercules called on his nephew Iolaus for help. His nephew then came upon the idea (possibly inspired by Athena) of using a burning firebrand to scorch the neck stumps after decapitation, and handed him the blazing brand. Hercules cut off each head and Iolaus burned the open stump leaving the hydra dead; its one immortal head Hercules placed under a great rock on the sacred way between Lerna and Elaius (Kerenyi1959 p 144), and dipped his arrows in the Hydra's poisonous blood, and so his second task was complete. The alternative to this is that after cutting off one head he dipped his sword in it and used its venom to burn each head so it couldn't grow back.

[/ QUOTE ]