Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
PA didn't have odds to draw to 2 kings, but he also had to think that an Ace could have won it for him, given Gold's talking. And Gold is a station, so he'd have paid him off at least a bit on that, even if he wouldn't stack him.

[/ QUOTE ]

pa wasnt as sharp as brunson was. brunson outsharped himself.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Playing a gutshot against a big hand is a standard play in deepstack NLHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

really ?!? thanks for the heads up...i had no idea. all boards arent created equal. all gutshot draws arent created equal.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Q,T,x board is perfect to play a gutshot with AJ. Antonius was drawing to the nuts and there was a good probability Gold would have a big hand. It was the perfect situation to play a gutshot against a big hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 PM

[x] Analysis of Patrik's play from micro-limit players commence
Old 11-12-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] Analysis of Patrik's play from micro-limit players commence

[/ QUOTE ]

were all micro limit in comparison...what difference does it make? in "life stakes" hes micro compared to many on this board...what difference does that make?

oh, and a-rod is a choker too, yell at me for that. (although a-rod defn has me in "life stakes")
Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really ?!? thanks for the heads up...i had no idea. all boards arent created equal. all gutshot draws arent created equal.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Q,T,x board is perfect to play a gutshot with AJ. Antonius was drawing to the nuts and there was a good probability Gold would have a big hand. It was the perfect situation to play a gutshot against a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough.

i beleive that because either 2 of your outs are gone or your opponent always has a redraw this is a bad spot.

also your lost if you hit an ace or a j. im not a big gutshot fan in general, i think the "implied odds" are overrated and this isnt a good spot in my experience.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough.

i beleive that because either 2 of your outs are gone or your opponent always has a redraw this is a bad spot.

also your lost if you hit an ace or a j. im not a big gutshot fan in general, i think the "implied odds" are overrated and this isnt a good spot in my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's incredibly difficult to get a monster stack into the middle without your opponent having a decent draw against you. unless of course there is a huge cooler. getting 100's of bb in on the turn with a straight vs a set is exactly what pa is trying to do by peeling a gutter.

also, limon, i think people jumped down your throat because you come off as very combative in your posts. i feel like you're man enough to handle yourself in an interwebs fight though.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 PM

It was a $15k flop bet with $381k behind. I'm sure PA realizes that his spot is not ideal, but he's willing to pay $15k to peel there with so much behind given that time is limited in live play and that having a draw to the nuts against a Jamie Gold who appears to love his hand is a orgasm-inducing.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no thread with a potential to explode is complete without this:

[/ QUOTE ]

That was always my favorite part of Thriller. The way he eats that popcorn cracks me the [censored] up.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was a $15k flop bet with $381k behind. I'm sure PA realizes that his spot is not ideal, but he's willing to pay $15k to peel there with so much behind given that time is limited in live play and that having a draw to the nuts against a Jamie Gold who appears to love his hand is a orgasm-inducing.

[/ QUOTE ]

after agreeing to run it 3 times after hitting his joker i just got the feeling he was lost. could his plan reallly have been that? i doubt it, he was flying by the seat of his pants.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:56 PM

So calling 15k to win 365k is a bad play ? Guess some people have never played deep stack NLHE ... If Jamie bets the pot which is 31k or just about close to it I could possibly see folding but betting half the pot is an easy definite call.